Tres

'I'm going to spare you the whole 'you need to come back' thing because I know that Scott and Derek both already have told you. I know what you're going through right now. I've lost my family, too.'

Cheyanne sighed and tried to calm her nerves as she stood on a porch a few nights later.

'But you need time to heal, and that's okay. We all heal in different ways, and you needed to leave to do it.'

She took up Iris on the offer to have dinner with her family, and ever since she did, she's been more nervous.

'Wherever you went to, you need to make a friend, or friends, that will help you. If you don't want us to help you, let someone help. I know that losing the people you cared about the most might make it hard to want to befriend someone, but you need someone to be there for you. I know that for these past couple of years, A-' Chris paused, 'A-Allison was that person, but if she were here, she'd agree to whatever it is you need to do. She knew that you'd make the decision that was good for you and she'd go along with it. I've watched you both become the best of friends, and when she died saving everyone, it broke you. It broke all of us. But it was even harder for the both of us.'

Cheyanne knocked softly on the door, her heart beating really fast.

'Do what you need to do, Cheyanne. Heal your heart however you can. Make new friends. Become your own anchor if you need to. And then, when your ready, come back to us. I'll be here waiting with open arms.'

"Cheyanne! You made it!"

Iris wanted to give her a hug, but she didn't want to cross any boundaries.

"Come in. The food's just about ready."

Cheyanne noticed as soon as she walked in that the house felt homey. It was a nice, quaint house and she loved it.

"Cheyanne, you remember my dad."

Cheyanne nodded. "It's nice to see you again, sir."

"Cheyanne."

She took a seat across from Iris as Barry came down the steps.

"Cheyanne?"

She glanced at him as he took the seat next to her and Joe went into the kitchen.

"Hi, Barry."

Iris glanced at Barry. "I told you Barry that she was coming for dinner tonight."

"Oh, yeah. You did tell me."

Joe came back with the food and during the dinner, it was mainly Iris and Joe talking as Cheyanne and Barry were quiet.

"So, Cheyanne," Iris turned to the girl in front of her, "where are you from?"

"Beacon Hills, California."

"What's it like?"

Cheyanne smiled sadly. "It's full of wonderful people who care about you. There's this cliff that looks down on the town. It's favorite spot to go to, or at least it used to be."

"Why'd you move away?"

Cheyanne glanced down at her food and played with it.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable."

Cheyanne shook her head softy. "No. It's just... I haven't really talked about why I left out loud to anyone. I, um, I've lost people that I really cared about and being there just made it so difficult to get over it."

There was a silence before Iris broke it.

"Who did you lose?"

Barry gave her a look. "Iris."