three

I'LL SEE YOU IN HELL OR IN NEW ORLEANS
______________

I'LL SEE YOU IN HELL OR IN NEW ORLEANS______________

______________

JAZZ MUSIC WAS BEING PLAYED OUTSIDE IN THE QUARTER WHICH DISTURBED MY TWINS, WAKING THEM FROM THEIR NAP. I walked out on the balcony to give the musicians a piece off my mind, "Hey! It's not Jazz Fest! Some of us have toddlers who need to sleep!"

I returned inside but the musicians kept playing. I put a hand to my head as the twins started to cry. I didn't get it. If one cried, the other cried. They both had to cry because not making their mom miserable was a problem.

"You all right?" I turned around to see Jackson in the doorway.

I sighed, "Oh, they were napping until that stupid music woke them up. Ho— How am I supposed to live with all this noise?"

"You're just sensitive to it, okay? We spent six months as wolves in the Bayou. We've been back a day" He entered the nursery, "I think it's okay to take a minute to adjust"

"Easy for you to say. You're not half-vampire. Everything for me is heightened. It's not just the noise. I'm claustrophobic. My skin is crawling. I'm irritable. I'm hungry" I sighed again, "I wanted to be with them so badly. And now that I am, I just feel off"

"Well, you gotta let it out. If talking won't cut it, I have an idea that will" Jackson told me, "Ask Freya to babysit"

I looked at him, "Why?"

Jack smiled, "I'm taking Mommy out for the day. Just you and me, like old times"

JACKSON'S IDEA WAS TO BRING ME TO ST. ANNE'S CHURCH WHICH MARCEL HAD TURNED INTO A GYM FOR HIS VAMPIRES. I looked around, "I'm pretty sure that Marcel opened this place for vampires"

"Well, you said it yourself, you're part-vampire" Jack shrugged, "Figured it'd be a good place for you to blow off some steam. You might feel better if you hit something, even if it's me"

"I can't cut loose with you, Jack," I told him, "You'll get hurt. I have an advantage, being, you know, I'm dead"

Jackson grabbed two staffs and handed me one, "Here. You got muscle and a bad temper, but I'm pretty good with one of these things. Might make us even, at least enough to get a workout in"

"I'm really not in the mood for some half-assed sparring match, so. . ."

Jackson hit the staff out of my hand. I didn't move, all I wanted was to go home and sleep, "Oh come on, you're not gonna stand there and let me win, are you?"

I tilted my head before picking the staff up. I swung at Jack but he easily blocked it. He continued to block all of my hits until I swung the staff towards his torso, he stumbled back.