twenty one

THE BLOODY CROWN
______________

THE BLOODY CROWN______________

______________

I WALKED DOWNSTAIRS TO FIND KLAUS SITTING WITH OUR DAUGHTER, talking to her even if she might not be able to respond.

He bounced her on his knee, "What better life might have awaited you, were another man your father? All those who have loved me, have lived to regret it"

"I haven't regretted it. Not for a moment" I spoke up as I walked closer to them.

Klaus smiled before he looked back at Hope who stared at him with her big blue eyes, "I'll do right by you, your brother and your mother"

I smiled at them, about to speak when I noticed that Klaus tensed up. Elijah entered and his younger brother looked at him annoyed, "What do you want, Elijah?"

"I'm not foolish enough to ask your forgiveness, so I'll say it again: I had no choice. We protect this family at any cost" Elijah said.

Klaus looked at him, "You think I'm not aware how heavy that burden is?"

Elijah shook his head, "No, I think that this time that burden is simply too much to bear"

Both brothers started at each other for a moment before Elijah took his leave. The tension in the home was thick and it was only getting worse.

AFTER BEING WITH HER FATHER FOR A WHILE, HOPE FINALLY FELL ASLEEP. I went upstairs and put her to bed. Liam had gone to sleep a few hours ago.

I walked downstairs again and saw Freya working on spells. Kol approached her.

"Something isn't right," Freya said.

"Well, you said you put the Prophecy to rest, so what's the worry?" Kol asked.

"What's going on?" I questioned, announcing my presence.

They looked at me before turning back to the table in front of them, "I didn't sleep last night. I just had this feeling of dread. I don't know if it's my own guilt or maybe, it's my intuition telling me something's coming" Freya said.

"And what's this? Your early warning system?" I asked as I approached the table that stood in front of them with a map covering it. Blood laying in the middle of the map.

"This map is spelled to trace Niklaus's enemies" Freya answered, "Let's just hope I'm being paranoid"

Freya started to chant a spell and the blood dripped to New Orleans from directions all over the world.

"I guess you're not being paranoid, when there is, in fact, a hoard of killers there to get you"