twenty

GIVE 'EM HELL KID
______________

GIVE 'EM HELL KID______________

______________

SAY NOT IN GRIEF THAT SHE IS NO MORE, but be thankful that she ever was and though she was taken far too soon, may her enduring light show us a way through this darkness. Let us mourn. . . because we cannot move on until we do. And though the pain may at times seem like more than we can bear. . . make no mistake, we will move on.

I entered the bedroom, all dressed in black, to find Klaus in front of the mirror fastening his tie. I walked forward and fixed the crooked tie, sending him a small smile.

Once we were all ready, we walked downstairs to join the others to march through the streets of the French quarter for Cami's funeral parade.

HAYLEY HELPED ME ORGANIZE AN IRISH WAKE AT ROUSSEAU'S WITH THE PRESERVATION HALL JAZZ BAND PLAYING. She passed me as she marched through the crowd, I followed her to the kitchen, "What's happening?"

"We're running out of whiskey," Hayley told me before she turned to the caterers, "We can not run out of whiskey at an Irish wake"

I nodded, "Whiskey is important"

"Is he okay?" Hayley asked. I furrowed my brows and she gestured out in the bar where Klaus stood beside the coffin. I left in the kitchen and made my way towards the coffin. I placed a gentle hand on Klaus' arm, "Hey"

He looked at me for a moment before he returned to the coffin, "Do you want me to get you something?" I asked, a bit concerned about him. He hadn't really fed since before we went to get Rebekah.

Klaus shook his head, "No, I'm fine" I watched as he tried his best to smile.

"Excuse me, don't I know you?" Klaus and I turned around to find Detective Will Kinney standing behind us, "Sorry" He apologized, "You just look so familiar"

"I have one of those faces" Klaus replied.

"Did you know her well?" Will asked.

I nodded, "We did"

"She was a very special girl"

"There's so polite summation that will do her justice, but you're brave to try and she would have admired that"

"I haven't read anywhere how she died, do you know?" Will asked.

I hesitated, "An accident. Are you here in a professional capacity, officer?"

"No, just came to pay my respects" Will answered. He stood by the coffin for a moment before he left.

Marcel walked forward. He placed a rose on Cami's coffin before he walked past us. He was still angry about the Davina thing and I could understand him. Klaus watched, sadly as he walked away.