fifteen

ALONE WITH EVERYBODY
______________

ALONE WITH EVERYBODY______________

______________

KLAUS, THE TWINS AND I MADE A PIT STOP AT A GAS STATION. He filled up the tank while I went inside the convenience store to get some supplies.

It only took a few minutes until I walked out of the store with a bag. I pulled out a cap that found inside the store and bought for Klaus, it was a black and white trucker cap with the words, 'Mother Trucker' on it.

"Absolutely not" Klaus objected.

"I just couldn't resist. Plus, we need to blend in," I told him, "You could start by losing the thousand-dollar jacket"

Klaus sighed, "Tell me again why we're on a scenic tour of Methamphetamine Country, and not compelling a jet to some far-off, preferably tropical, destination"

"Look, I'm not the one with an army of pissed-off vampires coming after me" I reminded him, "Can I have the keys?"

Klaus sighed dramatically once again before he handed me the keys. I smiled, "On a scale from one to ten, exactly how much am I going to despise this little plan of yours?" He asked.

"I would say a solid eighty-five" I answered, "Make it a substantial ninety-seven"

Klaus rolled his eyes, "Oh, good"

I slapped the cap onto his head before I walked around the car and slid behind the wheel. Klaus opened the door and got in the passenger seat with the cap still on.

"See? It fits perfectly. You look adorable"

AFTER DRIVING FOR A WHILE, I PULLED UP IN FRONT OF A BAR IN WILLOUGHBY LAKE. I looked around with a smile, I hadn't seen the place in years.

Klaus got out and undid the seatbelts that secured the twins' car seats before he handed Hope to me.

We entered the bar. Klaus looked around,  "Well, I can see why you wanted to come here," He said, "I feel safer already"

We walked up to the counter and at that moment, the bartender turned to us with a scowl on his face, "We're closed"

"You don't look closed" Klaus spoke as he took a seat.

"We are for you" The bartender replied. It wasn't a secret that werewolves hated vampires and this bartender knew that we were hybrids.