twelve

HEART SHAPED BOX
______________

HEART SHAPED BOX______________

______________

HAYLEY AND I HAD GONE TO JACKSON SQUARE PARK TO BURY MY BROTHER'S HEART. We wanted to give him a grave in the city where we could visit him.

We were sitting on a park bench when I heard someone walk towards us. I turned around and saw Klaus approaching us. He sat down between Hayley and I.

"Come to pay your respects?" Hayley asked, her sunglasses on.

"It's easy to speak well of Jackson" Klaus started, "He was a good man. Though it is a bit macabre, isn't it? Burying his heart under a sapling?"

I sighed, "At least the kids will have a place to visit him. I don't want them to forget how much they loved him and he loved them"

Klaus looked at me with sympathy, "I am sorry for your loss. . . both of you"

Hayley nodded, "Mmm. Everybody's sorry. Doesn't make a whole lot of difference, does it?"

"Perhaps not," Klaus said, "I've heard time heals all wounds but that has not been my own experience. I wonder if keeping busy might help distract you from your grief?"

I looked at him curiously, a smile forming, "You got something in mind?"

"Aurora's still at large," Klaus told us. My smile faded as he continued, "No doubt plotting her revenge. She used Camille to get to me once. She may do so again and Cami is rather vulnerable. I'd like to provide some safeguarding"

Hayley removed her sunglasses and looked at Klaus, cocking a brow, "Isn't that your job?"

"No" Klaus answered, "Not anymore"

I looked at him, "So you want me to babysit Cami when I could— What was it you said? Grieve properly?"

"Thalia—"

I shrugged, "I'm fine with it" I got up, ". . .As long as you make sure Aurora de Martel suffers for what her brother did"

"I will. I promise" Klaus promised me. We shared a kiss before he left.

I turned to Hayley, ready to leave. She chuckled, "I don't know if that was cute or scary"

I FIGURED OUT THAT BABYSITTING CAMI WOULD KEEP ME FROM THE PAIN and I didn't need that right now. I needed a distraction which was why I had made my way to Cami.