seventeen

THE DEVIL COMES HERE AND SIGHS
______________

THE DEVIL COMES HERE AND SIGHS______________

______________

I WAS TIDYING UP IN THE NURSERY WHEN I HEARD LOUD KNOCKS ECHO THROUGHOUT THE COMPOUND. I went downstairs to find Cami standing outside.

"What's wrong?" I asked, noticing a scared and worried look on her face.

"It's Klaus. . . Lucien has him" Cami told me.

My eyes widened in concern, "Freya!" I shouted. She came running downstairs. "Invite her in!"

Ever since Lucien became what he is now, we thought it would be safer to sign the house over to Freya to protect ourselves. No vampire could enter without Freya's invitation.

Elijah approached us. Freya nodded, "Yeah, come in, you're invited,"

Cami looked nervous as she took a step forward. I took a look outside to make sure no one else was coming before I followed her, Freya and Elijah.

"Tell us what happened" Elijah requested.

"Lucien ambushed Klaus," Cami said, "He knocked him around like it was nothing"

"Did he bite him?" I asked.

Cami shook her head, "No. I think he wanted him alive. I followed them. Lucien took Klaus back to the penthouse"

Elijah's phone buzzed and he pulled it out to see what was going on, "Lucien is demanding my presence at the Whiskey Cask— alone and immediately. He says if I delay, Niklaus will die"

CAMI AND I WALKED THROUGH THE FRENCH QUARTER, ON OUR WAY TO LUCIEN'S PLACE. I wasn't going to wait at home for Elijah to handle this. I could do it on my own. I kind of swore to do it when I got married.

"Here's the problem, I haven't been invited into Lucien's penthouse," Cami said.

"So, you can wave your dark objects in the foyer and I'll do all the dirty work," I told her.

Cami stopped walking, I turned around and noticed her concerned look, "Hey, are you up for this?"

"What if I'm a liability?" She asked, "I've been training, so I can punch a bag but in a real fight?"

I sighed, "Cami, here's the thing about being afraid— if you have to do the thing you're afraid of, then all this fear is for nothing. Either turn it into anger or leave it at the door. But either way, you control your emotions, which means you're already one step ahead of Aurora"

Cami nodded. She smiled as her eyes caught something. I turned around to look at what she was looking at and saw a sign for 'Brennan's Pharmacy Prescriptions'

"I have an idea" Cami walked towards the pharmacy and I followed her.