Hospital Beds and Flowers

Sally's POV

I was completely exhausted, to be completely honest. Larry has been out for a day and a half, and I have been waiting for him to wake up.
I will first hug him, then tear that asshole a new asshole.
Lisa has been here as much as she could. She sleeps here, but Addison still needs her around to fix things and keep the people under control.
My dad came in after the first day. He tried to get me to come home, but I refused, and would not be swayed.
He gave in and sat with me for a while. He had to leave after a while though because he had to go to work.
So that left me, alone with a guy who was in a coma, at five in the afternoon on a Saturday.
The nurses had grown fond of me. The little guy with a fake face waiting for his buddy to wake up.
Sometimes I hate this mask, but other times I am grateful. Not grateful when I had to take it off so they would let me on the ambulance.
It went a little bit like this:

"Please just let me come with you!" I sobbed, the man clad in white stopping me.
"Not until you take off that mask. Safety reasons," he said as his buddy hauled Larry into the ambulance.
I groaned loudly and unbuckled he prosthetic. The guy jumped at the sight of my scarred face, then looked guilty.
"Hop on in. Sorry, you can put that back on now," he mumbled as he wandered into the ambulance.
If my best friend wasn't dying, that would have been hilarious.

I was snapped from the memory by a load groan. I blinked hard, clipping my mask back on quickly.
I looked to Larry, he was lifting an arm slowly to his face. "What the fuck," he mumbled, rubbing his eyes groggily.
"Hey man, you awake?" I ask, scooting closer.
He blinked at me, his brown eyes a little foggy still from all the anesthesia. "Yeah, I think so. Did I die?" He asked dumbly.
I shook my head, my blue hair fanning out as I did so. "No, but you sure as hell tried to," I said, trying to get my anger into my voice given he couldn't see my face.
He sighed. "I'm sorry dude, just, can we not get into the whys right now?" He asked, wincing as he put his arm down.
I sighed and nodded. "I better get an explanation dude, you scared the shit outta me," I said tiredly.
"Dude, Sally, how long have you been awake?" He asked, his deep voice especially raspy.
"A day and a half."
"Wow, dude! Why didn't you sleep?"
I felt a little blush creep up under my mask. "IguessIwasworriedaboutyou.." I mumbled.
Larry smirked a little. "What was that?" He asked.
I groaned and threw up my hands. "Because I was worried about my asshat friend!" I exclaimed.
Larry laughed a little, then winced. "Dude, there's like a window bench whatever over there. You coulda slept," he said.
I blinked at the bench. "Oh," I mumbled.
Larry laughed. "You didn't know about that? Seriously dude?" He asked between his laughter.
I grumbled, "Kay, we're not playing the pick on Sally game here you douche nozzle," I said, a smile hidden under my mask.
Larry has gotten good at reading my eyes to understand what I was feeling, so no need to worry the awkwardness of someone not seeing you smile back.
"How are you feeling dude?" I asked.
Larry sighed. "I hurt, but I'm alive," he said, his voice growing more raspy.
I sighed. "Why are you upset?" He asked me.
Curse him and knowing me well. Douche bag.
"I just wanna know why," I said, glancing down to his bandaged forearms that I had been avoiding for so long.
He sighed. "It's a lot man. I kept seeing this guy, and he just kept-" he let out a shaky breath, tears springing to his eyes.
"Whoa, hey, it's okay. You don't have to tell me yet, just please know that I'm here for you dude," I said, my voice shaking.
Larry nodded, smiling sadly at me. "Thank you dude, that's all I could ask for. I'm sorry it's just all so much right now," he mumbled.
I carefully pulled him into a hug, my arms around his shoulders. "Just I'm here for you. Please don't scare me like that again," I said, tears springing to my eyes.
I pulled back, sniffling a little. Larry lifted his arm slowly, unclipping my mask. I felt it fall to my lap, and Larry's hand moved to wipe away my tears.
I felt my heart flutter at the touch, and I stared crying harder. "You didn't look away," I said softly.
Larry met my eyes. "Of course not. I think you're h-" he was cut off by a nurse coming in.
He dropped his arm, looking slightly guilty. I quickly clipped my mask on again, then looked to the nurse.
"Oh, mr. Johnson, you're awake," she said sweetly.
Larry smiles weakly and nodded. She checked the monitors around his bed. "How are you feeling?" She asked.
"I hurt, but I'm feeling better the more I'm awake," he answered.
She nodded. "You will most likely be discharged by tomorrow. We need to know if you would like to be admitted to the psychiatric ward," the nurse said, her voice still sweet.
Larry shook his head. "Naw, I just need to go home and mind my business for a while," he said, smiling reassuringly at her.
She nodded. "Alright sir. I will speak with the doctor and see when you can be discharged," she said with a final smile as she walked from the room.
Larry sighed and relaxed when she left, then smiled sadly at me. "Don't be upset about me not going to the psych ward, it's just, they'll think I'm completely crazy cause of all the ghost stories," he said.
I shook my head. "Don't worry about it dude. As long as you talk to me, or Ash, or Todd or anyone about what you're feeling, then I'll have peace of mind," I said, unclipping my mask again.
Larry smiled and nodded. "Don't worry dude, I know I can talk to you. Just the fact that you've stayed in that shitty chair for almost two days waiting for me to wake up," he laughed. "I know you'll be here for me."
I smiled and nodded. Larry yawned, and groaned. "Go to sleep," I said to him.
He laughed. "Dude. I just woke up from a day and a half long nap," he said, his voice growing somehow more raspy.
"I don't care. Bed time for you mister," I said, rubbing my eyes.
     "I think it's you that needs to go to sleep," he teased before yawning again.
     I scoffed, flicking off the lamp. I stumbled to the bench and curled up on the hard cushion.
     "Who brought all these flowers?" Larry asked into the darkness.
     I fought back a yawn before answering. "Ash, Todd, Lisa, you name it and they probably brought something," I said sleepily, balling up my sweater and using it as a pillow.
     I set my mask beside my makeshift pillow and laid down.
     "Night Sally Face. I appreciate what you've done," Larry said, his voice wavering a little.
     "Night LarBear. And of course, you're my best friend dude," I said, facing towards him as I closed my eyes.
     He's awake and safe. It's okay. I can sleep now.

     I woke up in the hospital. There was a strange red light and Larry wasn't in his bed.
     I rubbed my eyes and stumbled about, trying to find someone. When I found that the place was empty, I resorted to yelling for Larry.
     "Come on dude, this isn't funny!" I shouted as I wandered back into his room.
      A small boy stood in the middle of the room. He kinda looked like Addison.
     "You could have saved us. You could have rooted out the darkness," the boy cried, his eyes bloodshot.
     I shook my head, "what do you mean? Who are you?" I asked, panic clamping down on my chest.
      "You were the one that could have weeded out the evil. Now the cult reigns free, and it's all YOUR FAULT!" The boy screamed, the hospital shaking around him.
      "You failed. You should have used this knife to rid Addison of the darkness, instead you put petty friendships ahead of hundreds of lives. You'd be better off to use this knife on yourself now!" The boy taunted, a glinting knife before him.
     I looked at the knife and saw a flash of horrible and bloody figures.
     My dad, Lisa, all my friends, everyone in Addison. All of them dead, even Soda and Chug.
     I looked down and saw blood covering me, and the knife in my hand. For a second I was back in Addison in front of my bloodied father.
     I fell to my knees.
     "This is what should have happened. But know the evil lives on in them. It's all your fault!" The boy screamed again.
     "No. Please, stop," I sobbed out.
     I heard a distant voice. It was a good voice, but I couldn't quite hear it.

     I felt a soft object hit me on the side of my head. I fell, then realized I was on the floor.
     I groaned. "I was sleep walking again, wasn't I?" I asked into the dark.
     "Yeah, but you were crying and shaking and just, I wish I wasn't hooked up to these machines," Larry said, and I heard him shift around.
     "Don't hurt yourself. I just had a bad dream. Go back to sleep, and I'll tell you about it in the morning, okay?" I said as I got up and went back to my bench.
     "Alright dude, but wake me up if you can't sleep or something."
     "I will. Night Larry."
     "Night Sal."
     Shuffling and then silence again. I sighed softly, laying on my back and staring at the ceiling.
     I rubbed my hand over my face, and I noticed that I was still shaking. I huffed and rolled over.
      Can't the ghosts leave me alone long enough for a decent nights sleep? The answer is: apparently not.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: okay, so this was a little shorter of a chapter than I usually write, but I wanted to write this as a sample and summary of stuff that's going on.

I hope everyone enjoys, and yeah so have fun with this