A Crazy Night

Larry's POV

     Sal went home about half an hour after we ate. God forbid that that man listens to a word I say.
     I practically begged him to not go back, because he may think I don't know, but I've noticed how much he's been having nightmares.
     I just kept my phone on and went to unpack some of my stuff.
     A couple of hours later had yielded very little actual work, and instead I was on my bed playing my guitar.
     I hummed a song I had been thinking up, scribbling on the messy notebook to my left.
     It had to be at least midnight when my phone buzzed in my pocket. I gagged, the feeling not pleasant.
     I pulled out my phone to see that it was in fact almost one in the morning, and Sal had texted me about three times in the time it had taken me to grab my phone. Buzz. Four.
Sally Face: heeeyyyyy larbear
     Sally Face: howzitgoing
     Sally Face: :0
     Sally Face: vodka tastes bad
     Me: Sally Fisher what is wrong with you?
     Sally Face: I had a bad dream! I wanted to to not deal with it
     Me: what does that mean dude?
     Sally Face: I mayyyy be a little tiny but deubk
     Me: you're drunk?
     Sally Face: yeah, don't be mad dude, it's the only thing I could think of
     Me: I'm coming to get you so you better be dressed
     I didn't give him a chance to answer as I pulled on a sweater quickly and put my guitar back.
     I pulled on my shoes and grabbed my keys from the key rack. I made sure that Sal's apartment key was on there.
     I climbed into the Tank and turned the key. The engine rolled over a few times then it roared to life.
     I drove a little faster than I should have, but I was worried for Sal and I didn't want him to get hurt.
     That idiot that has become my best friend does a lot of impulsive things. He's somehow worse than me for that, but whenever he's drunk, it's never good.
     Whether it's challenging someone to a dance off, challenging someone much bigger than him to a fight, or stripping or something else like that, he always has a knack for trouble.
     Can he mess with the ghosts while drunk? That thought made me drive a little faster.
      I made it to the apartments and I practically ran to the elevator. I pressed Sal's floor number and waited for the dinosaur of a machine to rise.
     I made it to Sal's apartment. I knocked, then waited. I knocked again, and this time I heard heavy footfalls from the other side.
     "Larry! What're you doing here dude?" Sal slurred, a lopsided smile on his face.
     I sighed. "You're gonna spend the night at Todd and Neil's. First, I'm gonna get you your prosthetic and some different clothes," I said as I shooed him inside.
     I closed the door behind me and lead him to his room. He wrapped his arms around my waist from behind, startling me and making me blush.
     No, he's not interested dude, he's just an idiot when he's drunk. He would have to be an idiot to like me.
     I need to get out of this apartment building.
     "Sal? What are you doing?" I asked, turning to look at him.
     He pouted, his blue eyes bright. "Don't be all bossy, that's not the Larry I know!" He said.
     I laughed. "You are such a mess. C'mon, why don't you grab your mask and a sweater? We'll go for a little ride in the Tank," I said, holding my arms awkwardly because I didn't know what to do with them.
     Sal nodded. "Aye aye captain!" He said as he stumbled to his closet.
     I waited as he pulled on a large sweater, one that I had given him. He then grabbed an old mask and passed it to me.
     "Are you sure you don't wanna put it on? In case there's anyone on the way to the Tank?" I ask him.
     He crossed his arms over his chest and shook his head, his blue hair fanning out around him. "My face is fucked, but so am I so I don't care!" He exclaimed in a triumphant voice.
     I laughed. "Rock on little dude, that's the way to be," I said, putting his mask on my front pocket.
      I lead him to the door, and he was having a hard time walking. I sighed and wrapped my arm around his shoulders, supporting him as he stumbled.
     He started laughing like a school girl that had been told a secret. "I know your secret! You're not straight!" He whispered, an evil grin on his face.
     I sighed, "I know you know. I told you earlier Sal. What can I say that'll get you to shut up about it for a while?" I asked, laughing.
     He thought a second, and when we were on the elevator he seemed to have a revelation. "Who do you like?" He purred.
     I laughed. "Come on dude, what are we eleven?"
     Sal shook his head. "No, we're like eighteen. Now, answer me peasant!"
     I laughed. "I'm not gonna tell you outright." I was already blushing. "But I'll tell you that I like a guy." My face was burning now.
      Sal put the arm that wasn't around me on his hip. He couldn't do it with both or he would fall over. "Well that's not very specific," he said.
     "That's the point dummy. That's all you're getting so you can stew over that all you want," I said, hauling him out of the elevator.
     It was a strenuous activity just to get Sal into the passenger seat. I climbed in the driver side and the Tank rolled to life.
      We made it back to the house in one piece. Sal had cranked Sanity Falls at some point, but I tuned him out.
     What if I've told him too much? What if when he gets sober he remembers and he hates me for liking a guy. What if he finds out who it is? Oh boy, then that'll be a fiasco.
      Sal put his hand on my knee, making me jump. "You're the best friend I could ever ask for! I love you LarBear," he slurred, a lopsided grin again on his face.
     I laughed, "let's get you inside," I said, going to his side.
     He seemed offended. "You didn't say it back!" He exclaimed.
     I sighed. "I love you too Sal, now get inside," I said, my heart fluttering against my chest.
     He means platonically and you know that dumbass. Although, it wouldn't kill me to dream.
     He fell out of the Tank and onto my chest. I stumbled, but managed to hold onto him. He smiled up at me, his blue eyes meeting mine.
     I love the colour blue. I didn't before I met him, it seemed like just an everyday colour, but now it's everywhere and such a bright and happy colour.
     I blinked hard. "Let's go inside, it's cold out," I said softly, my face burning.
     Sal was blushing too, but it is probably because of the alcohol, him head banging in the car, and the cold air.
     We got inside, Neil was up to get some water. He only wore grey plaid pyjama pants.
     "Hey Larry, where'd you go? Sal, what's wrong?" He asked, his eyes bouncing between each of us.
     "Sal got piss drunk so I picked him up so he wouldn't start a fight with someone that he couldn't win," I said, smiling easily at Neil.
     He laughed, nodding. "Stay as long as you'd like Sal. You're a good friend Larry," he said, winking before walking off.
     I felt my face flush again. Is this just a power that gay people have? Can they like tell when other people have crushes on someone? (A/N as a gay I can confirm this is the case)
     I lead Sal to my room, closing the door behind us. I helped him out if his jeans and into a bigger sweater I had. His clothes smelled like booze.
He flopped down onto my bed after, groaning. "I feel sick," he said.
     His tone broke my heart a little. "Don't throw up dude. Want me to play you some music?" I asked, sitting down beside him.
     Sal nodded, snuggling into my bed. I grabbed my guitar, and after strumming a few cords I turned back to Sal. "What song do you want dude?" I asked.
     He shrugged. "Something happy," he mumbled.
     I sighed, playing some more. "Saying I love you/ Is not the words I want to hear from you," I started to sing.
     Sal made a happy noise and buried his face further into the bed as I sang.
     "More than words is all you have to do to make it real/ Then you wouldn't have to say that you love me/ 'Cause I'd already know."
     The rest of the song passed in a blur of guitar and my gravely voice. Sal seemed to be asleep, so I set down my guitar and went to get up.
     Sal's arms wrapped tightly around my waist. "Stay," was all he said, his voice tired and small. I could see a blush creeping onto his face, and I could feel one forming on my own face.
     I laid back down, facing Sal as he snuggled under my blankets. He then snuggled up to my chest. I wrapped my arm around his slim shoulders and held him close.
     I don't know what I did to deserve this guy as my best friend, but boy howdy am I glad he's here.
      If it wasn't for him I wouldn't be alive today, and I wouldn't have a reason to keep going.
      He's my strength to carry on.
      I love him, and if only I could tell him how I feel.

A/N: sorry for the short chapter, I just thought it would be good to end there.

If you guys are liking it then that's swell. If there's something you don't like, feel free to comment, I like to know how I can improve.

Anyways, I hope you're enjoying and I'll see you in the next chapter! - Mason