|01| 実行中

The trail of police cars follow Taehyung's every move. His eyes dart back and forth between the window and rear mirror, veins protruding from the backs of his hands that clutch the wheel.

"THIS IS THE POLICE! PULL OVER NOW!"

"Like hell." He tips the acceleration even further. The tires make a loud screech when we drift around a tight corner, escaping the close range of most cop cars, although two still follow.

"T-Too fast!" is all I manage to exclaim. My hands clutch the handle that hangs from the car roof, not being able to strap on a seatbelt with my wrists chained together and hair blowing in my face. The last time we speeded like this, we nearly died. I think I'm gonna be sick...

Just then, a police car reels up beside Taehyung's window and starts slamming into us.

"PULL OVER RIGHT NOW!"

Taehyung grunts at the harsh jerks of the car before looking straight and spotting a road split up ahead. With a harsh turn of the wheel, he swerves right at the last second, allowing the police car to crash into the point in between.

My mouth falls agape. I keep my head still, too fearful to look back at the damage.

We finally lose them, but I can still hear sirens in the near distance. Before I know it, we're slowly pulling into a parking lot.

"What are you doing?! They're still behind us!"

"Get out."

"What?!"

He hops out of the car without further explanation, so I cluelessly do the same. The parking lot is filled with many vehicles but Taehyung hurries over to one in particular. A regular looking grey Kia with a scratched out number plate. He quickly pulls out a set of car keys and unlocks it. "Get in! Quick!"

The rhythm of sirens gets concernedly louder. It sounds like more cops have recruited. I immediately climb into the car before Taehyung exits out the opposite gate.

My heart spins and bangs like a drum as we drive past the police so calmly. They don't even recognize us...

Taehyung pulls over into the nearest private spot once we're at a safe distance. Parking behind a random building, we both let our chests sink relievingly as we catch our breath, silence filling the car from roof to floor.

"ARE YOU INSANE?!!" I scream abruptly. Taehyung flinches.

"DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT YOU'VE JUST STARTED? LIKE— AT ALL?! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU EVEN DOING HERE?!"

"WELL WHAT DID YOU WANT ME TO DO— LET YOU ROT IN PRISON FOR SOMETHING I DID?!"

The anger in his tone sends crippling shivers down my spine. My face muscles loosen and before I know it, my eyes are filled with tears.

His expression softens. With a tilted head, he rubs my arm and speaks softly. "...Babe why are you crying?"

I just bawl out more tears, my cracked voice trying to repair itself to execute a sentence.

"...Because this is the first time I've seen you in over two months and we're yelling at each other..."

Taehyung's eyes droop at the sound of my cries. His hand rests at the back of my head before I'm buried in his warm chest and a gentle kiss is placed on my forehead. "I'm sorry... I didn't mean it. Everything's gonna be ok."

My fists curl his shirt until my nails are digging into my own palms. It's been so long since I've been in his arms... so long. I forgot how heavenly his touch could feel, the velvetiness of his voice... His scent... I missed it so fucking much. It's subtle, but to me, it's the most overwhelming smell ever.