|05| sweet dreams

Don't forget to vote! 💜
—TAEHYUNG'S POV—

Combing my fingers through my hair stressfully, I approach the sink and clutch it's sides.

It's hard to even recognize the man in the mirror these days. He always looks so beaten up and broken, yet trying to put on this brave face so others around him won't fear. It gets difficult.

I stand up straight and shake my head in an attempt to clear my thoughts before turning on the cold faucet, expecting cool temperatured water to fill my palms so I can wash my face.

Instead, blood gushes from the metal pipe. Nothing but icy red liquid.

I try to turn it off but it keeps flowing, creating smears and webs of crimson along the milky bowl.

The smell... It's so horrid, but nothing I'm unfamiliar with. Clogging noises start to form as it all rushes down the drain. I then turn over to the hot tap and turn it on as well.

Fire. Hot, raging fire spews from the faucet. I slip my hand underneath and somehow the flames don't hurt. I watch as my skin crisps up and becomes waxy with burns, but the pain... I don't feel it. In fact it kind of feels soothing.

I proceed to wash my hands and face with the blood and fire. My neck tilts back as a soft exhale leaves my lips and I savor the sensation of my burning pores. Blood droplets fall from the tips of my lashes while the rest trickles down my forehead.

When I look back into the mirror I see dark smoke caressing my skin in the form of tentacles from behind. They stroke my neck and play with my hair, their voices swarming around my head in growing, inaudible whispers.

"˙˙˙sǝʎ 'ɹǝllᴉʞ ɐ ɯɯW ˙˙˙sɐɥ ǝɥ ɥɔᴉɥʍ uI ˙˙˙spuɐɥ ǝɥʇ pu ˙˙˙puᴉɯ ǝɥʇ"

Their breathy echoes grow so loud it feels as though I can rip the words from the very walls. I can feel the room shrinking in size and before I know it, my reflection is gone. The only thing that remains on the glass are wine streaks.

In a blinding lightning flash, Lilo slams her palms on the other side, eyes crying tears of blood as he bangs desperately and screams my name for help.

I pin my palms onto the glass also. My eyes scan around her body to evaluate her form.

"Tae why won't they let me see you..." She sobs further. "Why can't they just leave us like this? Let us be happy?"

"W-what do you mean?" I shake my head.

And to cut us short, a bright glowy light wraps around her mouth and drags her away.

"Lilo?! Lilo! Hold on I..." I roll up my sleeve, "I'm gonna get you out of there."

—END DREAM FLASHBACK—

"Hellooo Earth to alien." Jungkook clicks his fingers in front of my face.

I quickly snap up to see the group looking at me, as if waiting for me to say something. I guess I got caught up thinking about that awful nightmare I had last night.

"Huh? Oh um, sorry just tired. What were you saying?"

"I was asking if you're reading to leave. It's late afternoon, and the party is back in the city. We should head out as soon as we can."

"You got the masks?" I stand up.

Jungkook takes out three masquerade masks and tosses one to me. When my palm is laid out I notice Lilo staring at the slightly blood-splotched bandages that hug my hand.