|13| breaking point

Can you believe some people have read this far and STILL won't leave a vote? Yikes..
AnywhO a character will be returning next chap and I bet none of you will guess who first try 🤪

Li?" Taehyung suddenly enters the doorframe, his hair disheveled with one eye shut.

I quickly hide the tub behind my back.

"H-hey. What's up?"

"The sun got me all hot. I'm gonna take a shower."

"O-okay. I'll be down here."

He darts an air kiss my way before heading upstairs. I look at the small tub once more and scan the room in thought. I then hurry to the backyard and make my way over to Winter who sunbathes with Jungkook cradled at her side, snoring.

"Winter?"

"Yeah?"

"You still have your phone right?"

She pauses before a suspicious, "....Yeah?"

"Can I use it for a sec?"

She finally lifts her sunglasses and looks at her feet. "I don't know... Taehyung was strict about us not letting you near the internet."

"It's not like I'm gonna post a tweet. I just need to search something real quick. I'll bring it right back."

With a sigh, she lowers her shades again. "Alright. It's on the table."

"You're the best." I quickly pick up Winter's phone and rush back inside, locking myself in the downstairs bathroom. My thumbs tap away as I google the name on the tub label.

These could be Taehyung's. I haven't forgotten the things he told me the night of his birthday... About how he had to endure many sleepless nights after his parents' death. After everything that's happened lately, I wouldn't be surprised if that were happening again.

Maybe it would explain why his cheeks have been so sunken, or why his eyes are shallow compared to the deep melts they used to be... Or why his moustache that's been peaking through more than ever.

Even so, I don't know for a fact. If these are his I don't just want to bombard him with questions about something I know nothing about. I need to at least see what these do.

Ah, here.

"Side effects... Drowsiness, migraines, confusion, muscle weakness... sometimes mood swings and overdrive of anger or sadness."

These sleeping pills are... awful. How can anyone take these?

Should I go upstairs and tell him?

Or maybe I should just...

No. Taehyung's right upstairs. If I don't ask now then I never will. There has to be some communication.

So after erasing Winter's browser history and returning her phone, I go upstairs to our room. Taehyung steps out of the steamy bathroom with wet hair and a robe as soon as I enter.

"Finally got all the dye out."

My eyes wander the room nervously in return, making him give me a strange look while drying his hair. "Something wrong?"

"Nope. Well... I have something to ask you."

"Okay?" He unties his robe and changes into a t-shirt and baggy sweats.