|04| riddle me this

Planting a handful of popcorn in my mouth, I lay along the couch watching an episode of Spongebob playing on TV. Jungkook sits on the one in between while Jimin sits on the couch opposite me and taps on his phone.

As for Taehyung and Hoseok...

I poke my head over the head of the couch to see Taehyung and Hoseok still talking in the kitchen with a piece of paper between them.

We learned over the barbecue last night that Hoseok, ironically, used to intern at a police station, so he and Taehyung are probably discussing some sort of plan.

"Move over." Winter swats Jungkook's thigh before sitting beside him, holding a bag of popcorn of her own. She then leans over the arm of the sofa to peak at Jimin's phone. "What are you doing?"

Jimin looks up with raised brows. "Playing riddles."

"Riddles?"

"Pah, good one. What's her name? Is she hot?" Jungkook leans forward.

"What? Dude no shut up." Jimin scoffs. "If I'm gonna be cooped up in this house, might as well find a hobby."

"Hey, I'm just saying. It's about time you got a girlfriend Chim."

Jimin's lips tighten and eyes return to the phone, making me frown. He's somewhat been the quietest since we all moved into this house, and I think it has to do with Teddy. Mina said that Teddy found a new job in performing but it doesn't seem like she told anyone where. Jimin must miss her, and just when the two were just hitting things off.

"Leave him alone Kook." I defend him.

"Yeah," Winter adds, "Maybe if you had an IQ of over 20 you could relate to finding such hobbies."

"Really now?" Jungkook laughs defensively. "Okay, Jimin lay one on me."

"Oh please." She scoffs.

"What? Think I'm not smart?"

"Jungkook, solving puzzles isn't really your forte."

"Alright fine!" His voice gets slightly higher, "Let's see who can do better."

"Fine, let's see."

A/N: I swear this has relevance later xD

"Are you two serious?" I laugh.

"No no, little miss smartass over here thinks she knows everything."

"That's because I do." Winter grins smugly. At this point, I can tell she's just trolling him. It's not like their bickering was anything new. "Go ahead Jimin."

"Okay here's one. You can see me, but you cannot touch me. With the flick of a switch, I enter your home. With another, I leave you alo—"

"Electricity." Winter answers casually.

"Wow, she's good." Jimin nods.

"Ghee wow, one question." Jungkook claps sarcastically. "Okay, this time we both answer. I bet I'll get this."

"Second question. The more you cut me, the bigger I grow. What am I?"