|26| one last ride

I'm very nervous about this part...
but your messages have been so encouraging, tytyty~ the end is near and im emo af.. drop a vote <3

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ 🌸

As I wait patiently in the clinic waiting room, Taehyung returns through the automated doors in a loose outfit and mask that covers his face. Luckily it's a private clinic so, there aren't many people.

It's only been a day since our trial yet we've received such judging stares from the public, especially with the monitor cuffed to Taehyung's ankle.

Some of who whisper are just his fangirls, hardly unusual, though not everybody is as harmless. Parents and elders despise our relationship, some having the audacity to ask him on the way here: "How many people have you killed? Does killing feel good? I've never tried cocaine, how does it taste?"

He pulls me away and ignores them, but I can tell it pisses him off. Taehyung's so strong for facing the world the way he did... He doesn't deserve such ignorant comments.

"Here." He sits down, handing me my requested tomato smoothie.

"Thanks babe," I drink relievingly.

"I can't believe you drink that..." He cringes, "I have to kiss your tomato breath."

"Hey! This could be a sign. I never used to drink it, maybe it's the baby."

"Speaking of the baby... We need to talk about that."

"Yeah, we do..." I agree nervously.

"So when did you find out? Why didn't you say anything?"

"...I actually found out a week after we moved in with Hoseok and the others. I guess we conceived the night you broke me out. I just didn't want to panic you or cause inconvenience. We were already so stressed... And when you told me about your hallucinations and... you know, I figured it wasn't the right time."

"I'm sorry. I would've never let you go through all of this if I'd known." He caresses my stomach.

"It's not your fault. I wanted to tell you but I got too nervous. After the relationship you had with your dad, and me cutting off my parents... I wasn't sure if we were ready. I-I wasn't sure you'd want it..."

I sniff subtly to avoid spilling tears when Taehyung frames my face.

"Stop feeling guilty when this is the happiest I've ever been... I mean a baby? With you?" He tucks a hair behind my ear and nuzzles his nose with mine, whispering, "With your perfect nose, my long eyes, your sweet lips and my rainbow hair? We'll have our own little KPOP star."

"Shut up." I laugh, making him copy. My thumb strokes the side of his mouth admirably.

"...This'll all make one hell of a bedtime story one day, huh?"

"Sure will. And after Sunday, the troubles of our past will stop haunting us. I can't wait." He presses his lips to mine.

It's no surprise we've been living under a cursed relationship after the scandalous way it sprouted. To ensure none of this haunts us spiritually and to just feel cleaner, Taehyung and I agreed to get baptized on Sunday. I'm actually excited.