|23| nobody's safe

Omg the finale starts next part...
(AND YOU AINT READY AHA!)
🥳
also sorry for the delay, next part is nearly done so it won't take this long again. Ty & Please vote! <3

"There's no way she's going to help us." I whisper to Taehyung while we walk through the mansion's large front.

"You shot her dad, told her Carmine did it, comforted her at the funeral, then suddenly left so you could break me out. She won't be impressed to find out we've only returned for money."

"Well we have no choice, it's either this or we're stranded. Chrys has softened up... Maybe she'll be understanding."

I really hope so.

His finger pushes the doorbell before echoed footsteps grow louder and her butler greets us.

"Good afternoon. You are here to see Ms. Pennyworth, yes?"

"Y-yes." I nod.

"My apologies, but she's currently preparing for a meeting—"

"Let them in." A voice calls out.

The butler instantly bows and steps aside, letting slow footsteps echo as we enter the foyer that is just as enormous and spotless as I remember.

Just then, Chrys herself trails down the stairs with a gloved hand delicately tracing the railing and my jaw falls loose. Her hair is it's same dark and shiny blunt bob, only this time without the bangs and cut asymmetrically for some edge. Looking more expensive than ever, she adorns an all-Pearl white Chanel jacket dress and matching flats.

She stops to stand in front of us with a blank face before eyeing us up and down.

"What do you two want? Shouldn't you be in jail?"

Ouch.

"Chrys, Lilo didn't kill anybody." Taehyung explains. "I'm sorry for leaving you without explanation, but we need to talk."

She stares him up and down again, pondering a response before finally sighing and walking towards another room. "Fine, follow me. Nigel, make three teas."

We follow her into the enormously grand living-room room that sports cream vintage sofa's, a piano and a massive white fur rug under glass furniture. Taehyung and I sit next to each other while she takes a single chair opposite.

While Nigel sets our tea, a poodle runs into the room and hops right onto Chrys' lap. I can't help but gawk at and how much her pet has grown. When I met Chrys, Royalty was just a puppy and now she's half as tall as me.

Her hands trace it's pink fur, "So, what brings you here."

"Before we explain anything... How are you?" Taehyung asks, "Nobodies heard from you since—"

"I'm fine." She cuts bluntly. "Had to quit ballet in order to make room for taking over my father's businesses. Of course, not including what I now know to be mafia activity."

"About that. Chrys, I know I vanished from your side after the funeral but I had to break Lilo out. She did nothing wrong. Your father—"

"I don't want to talk about my father anymore."

"We have to in order to clear things up."