|07| escape plan

"Shit

"Shit." Taehyung mutters, our spot turning to darkness at the turn of spotlights.

In the literal blink of an eye, he takes off his mask, pins it to my face and pushes me back.

"No you need your mask!" I whisper.

And not a moment too soon before the lights are passing again and detective Min is standing opposite. "Kim Taehyung? I... Must be tipsier than I thought." Yoongi holds his head and leans forward to blink at the man.

Once he realizes that he's in a reality he says, "Interesting. Looks like you and Hoseok have coincidentally rekindled a friendship, huh?"

"We just happened to bump into each other tonight... I'm sorry, you are?"

"Detective Min." He reaches out his hand, to which Taehyung shakes.

"Well while I have you here, I've been meaning to talk to you."

"Actually detective, I was just getting ready to leave so—"

"With Hoseok?"

Taehyung looks at Hoseok before showing the detective a friendly smile. "Actually yes. I need somewhere to stay while I'm out of town and Hoseok just offered me a place with him."

"Dude!" Hoseok hisses. Taehyung merely just blinks at him twice.

"Right. Then you should expect a visit from me soon. We'll speak properly."

It's then that I notice a certain owl-masked man in the distance blowing me a kiss, making me hit Taehyung's back rapidly.

"Uh y-yeah, sure. Catch you later. Come on bro let's go." He pulls Hoseok's arm and they walk off with me hiding behind.

Hoseok then rolls his eyes and goes back for Jungkook.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ 🌙

"Why did you do that?" I ask as Taehyung pulls me outside. "Now Min knows where you're staying."

"I have to show him some transparency or he'll never believe a word I say. Plus if he's going to visit me there's no use giving him a fake location. He's already seen my face. It's okay, I know what I'm doing."

"And are you sure it's safe to be walking without your mask? Lim's men have been out to kill you ever since the warehouse. If Jaebum is here this place could be crawling with them."

"Keep it on. If there are more undercover cops here we can't risk them seeing you."

Meanwhile beside us, Hoseok struggles to keep up with our pace with Jungkook slung over his shoulder. "Ugh... What does this guy eat?"

Finally we reach the line of parked cars. Behind Taehyung's SUV is a red convertible, along with a tail of others. Just when Hoseok goes to reach for the backseat handle Taehyung freezes and reaches out his hand.