|18| he's not drunk

—TAEHYUNG'S POV—

—TAEHYUNG'S POV—

I was lucky enough to find Lilo in the phonebox before the cops could. As we drive back to the house, she explains everything from the passenger seat and my hands grip the wheel tighter at the sound of Jaebum's name.

Her hair is tied into a frizzy ponytail while her skin, bare feet, and short satin robe are dirty. A cheek rests in her hand as she gazes out the window. She's been pretty quiet ever since I picked her up...

"We'll be home in about 25 minutes." I break the silence.

She responds with a delayed nod, then speaks softly.

"I spoke to my mom..."

"Really? ...What did you say?"

"That she's a bitch."

"Lilo."

"Well she snitched on me! I mean what kind of mother completely tears you down for your choices and relationship like that?! Whatever, I never want to see that woman again."

"She's not that woman, she's your mom..."

Lilo rolls her eyes and sighs at my response, resting her head against the window in exhaustion.

"Tae, I know you treasure your mother and all, but sadly not all of our moms are angels who bake us treats in the morning. That woman stopped being my mother the moment she picked up the phone and called the cops on me... I just can't forgive her this time."

Not a sound in the car can be heard besides the engine. My lips stay sealed and eyes focus solely on the road. I can tell she's mad, and nothing I say will erase the betrayal she's just had to endure.

As soon as we get back to Hoseok's, everyone hugs Lilo with relief but she pauses the moment she notices Mina tied to a chair with bruises.

"Mina!" She runs and crouches to grab her face. "What did you guys do to her?!"

"Now wait a second! You didn't see the way she attacked us!" Hoseok points, "That girl is nutty!"

"That girl is my best friend. Taehyung, why didn't you bring her to the hospital?"

"I had to collect you first before the police found your trail."

"Hang on..." Winter finally stands from the couch, grasping everyone's attention.

"If Jaebum sent Mina here to abduct Lilo... Doesn't that mean he knows where we all live? We're not safe here."