Chapter 14

I was obviously shaken up from that scare I had coming back home. Imagine running for your life in a SUPPOSEDLY safe neighborhood...

I just wanted to be comforted, and that something that my dad helped me with, he helped me stop crying, he held me until I stopped shaking until I fell asleep knowing that I was finally safe. that made me miss the man I once knew, the man I knew before he changed. I missed being loved by him, having our funny moments and our father-son moments.

This sudden change in heart surprised me, I wasn't used to the way he was acting right now. it was scary yet comforting.

I was surprised when I woke up in my bed, I wasn't the same size I was when I was 10, I grew up, put on a couple extra pounds of muscle, I definitely wasn't the same person I was before. The way he treated us caused me to grow up, caused me to change my personality, caused me to change the way I was before everything, caused me to not be happy anymore.

I checked my phone to see I had a few missed calls from my besties and...him.

Ignoring it I proceeded to my bathroom to let my bladder loose and to do my morning hygiene routine.

Realizing I overslept and it was a Friday I was kinda happy, a 3 day weekend, something we BARELY have.

I headed downstairs to see a note on the table.

I want to talk to you when I get home but for now,

there's 20 on the table, get yourself something to eat.

- Dad <3

I don't know why but that kinda made me happy and scared for some reason. Why does he want to talk to me, what is this all about?

I try to brush this off because I don't wanna stress over something that's not needed to be stressed about. I settle on some on a pizza place but order a salad, yeah I know, I'm dumb. who orders a salad from a pizza place? ME! After eating my salad and watching 3 episodes of the office, I decide its time for a nap.

I head to the linen closet to get a blanket and proceed to get comfortable on the couch until there's a knock on the door.

I wonder who that could be.

And I will continue to wonder because ima just act like no one is home, but then the knocking continues and that angers me so I get up and stomp my way to the door and swing it open to be confronted by him.

Tyrell