xiii. the bath

༉‧₊˚✧ 𝐑𝐀𝐒𝐏𝐁𝐄𝐑𝐑𝐘 𝐆𝐔𝐌 !
ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ. ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴀᴛʜ!

    AFTER TEXTING WITH DAVID, daisy felt worn out for some odd reason. and the plans that the rest of the vlog squad were having did not seem like something she wanted to do anyway. she sat on her sofa, trying to focus on the episode of friends playing in the back, but failing miserably at doing so. she just couldn't focus for the life of her, not on netflix, not on anything really. daisy let out a huff before turning the tv off and walking to her bedroom. and in doing so, leaving a snoring jean–claude on the sofa. she just stared at the mess on the floor in her room and felt herself get frustrated at the sight of that.

    " jesus christ, " she sighs and starts picking up the pieces of clothing from the floor to throw either on her bed from where they would be transferred to the wardrobe or the laundry bin that was already overflowing anyway.

and boy was it a sight for sore eyes. daisy ernst, who was known for being extra clean and organized having half of her wardrobe on her floor and other misplaced items everywhere. she was picking them up aimlessly and trying to clean her room up desperately, with no cleaning music playing in the back like usually or facetime calls with charlotte in the back like usual.

when the room was finally clean to a degree that daisy accepted, she went to the en–suite bathroom to just stare at herself from the mirror. holding onto the edge of the sink, all daisy saw from the mirror was a sleep deprived, worn out girl. she felt like she didn't recognize herself, from the dirty hoodie to the way there was darker bags under her eyes than normal to the way she was frowning and couldn't find a reason to smile. she was wearing an oversized vlog squad merch hoodie with some space themed pyjama shorts under it. she wasn't tan, she was rather pale compared to what she usually looked like. it just wasn't the normal daisy ernst that usually was there.

" maybe i should take a bath, " she mumbles talking to herself and then looking at her bath. a bath seemed like a good idea. daisy adjusts the water temperature before letting it slowly fill the tub up, leaving the bathroom to get her phone to listen to music from. she also takes a detour to the kitchen to grab a half drunk red wine bottle left behind by charlotte to sip on in the bath. a bad habit she learned from a sixteen year old charlotte, who at the time (and still would if she lived back home) stole red wine bottles from her mother.

she lights up the candles spread around her bathroom from previous self care bath times, to give herself a peace and mind. the bath water is now pretty much to the brim and she turns it off, so that it won't overflow like it has done multiple times before. daisy grabs a bath bomb from the small basket filled with them on the floor and throws it in, staring at it spread apart with a blank expression, not really feeling anything about it.

daisy connects her phone to the stereo and begins to play lana del rey, which is a go–to artist for when all she wants to do is be all numb and sad in the bath instead of happy and zen. after stripping and getting in the bath, daisy just stares at the ceiling humming along to the music, not really finding a thought to just think about.

until her powerful mind just lands on david. and not david dobrik specifically, but david dobrik going out on a date with kelsey calemine. daisy just thought that that was a weird combination and didn't think it would be a long lasting relationship, but also just feeling utterly annoyed by the idea of the two of them going out on a date. as the thoughts come to her head, a very tired and lonely jean–claude sulks into the bathroom.