xvii. betrayed

༉‧₊˚✧ 𝐑𝐀𝐒𝐏𝐁𝐄𝐑𝐑𝐘 𝐆𝐔𝐌 !
sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ. ʙᴇᴛʀᴀʏᴇᴅ!

SITTING ON HER BALCONY, daisy was watching the sun rise near the beach that wasn't necessarily far away. daisy ernst was definitely not holding a cigarette between her fingers while balancing her fluffy sock–clad feet against the railing of the balcony. she could hear the music playing from her laptop, the now over–played voice of khalid in her ears, while she just stared at the sunset with a blank expression. she wasn't doing well . . . she wasn't doing well at all. everything just wasn't good with her. it hadn't been good with her for a while now.

that day had been filled with nothing important, but it had been a good day. daisy met up with matt king and zane hijazi for lunch, which then ended up with the three of them roaming through every store on rodeo drive for no absolute reason. and causing daisy's bank account to near bankruptcy . . . hanging out with zane and matt always made her smile . the two were the best in–life example of a brain and a bimbo. it wasn't hard to decipher which one is the bimbo and which one is the brain. they were entertaining, to say the least. but also, slightly problematic. daisy always learned of things that she shouldn't have known from the two of them.

while it was none of her business, when she found out that david—her best friend, and best friend only—was going out on a date with kelsey calemine . . . she felt slumped. after that, the night definitely was definitely different. thank god, zane slipped it out last minute as they were dropping her off—with matt giving the most obvious glare in his direction—because daisy was slumped after the revelation. she didn't feel happy.

     " why should i care? why should i care he is going on an actual with kelsey? " daisy says with a scoff, " or he's dating. pff, i do not care. and anyway, he is not my boyfriend. "

a lie. she lies a lot to herself nowadays. taking a drag of her cigarette and she grabbed her phone from the floor of her balcony. daisy begins to scroll through her phone, more specifically the snapchat stories, to only see that david dobrik had updated his private story. the story, which only his friends or " co–workers " meaning other youtubers could see. she clicked on it, blowing out the smoke, narrowing her eyes and pouting slightly when she realized it was a video. a video of the sun rise at venice that then zoomed in at kelsey smiling at the camera with a red bull and raspberries in her hands.

red bull and raspberries! that was their thing. that was what started their friendship actually. the night of david playing on the xbox and daisy just watching consisted of her eating raspberries and them drinking red bull. so how could he be doing the same thing with someone else? knowing that it was their thing was something that daisy couldn't comprehend. in fact, she felt betrayed. maybe it was overreacting . . . maybe not. but she felt betrayed nonetheless.

daisy exhaled, tapping away at her phone screen until it showed that there was a phone call going away to charlotte. the two childhood friends had a deal with one another. they were allowed to call each other, no matter when or what was going on. it was something that had kept their friendship strong through school and now with them living in different states, it was a key to their friendship.

" dais? what's up . . . " the tired voice of charlotte jenning spoke through the speaker, for she was doing her makeup in her boyfriend's dorm room, with him sleeping on the bed, " it's almost six there. and i know you're– "