xxvii. gossip channels

༉‧₊˚✧ 𝐑𝐀𝐒𝐏𝐁𝐄𝐑𝐑𝐘 𝐆𝐔𝐌 !
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-sᴇᴠᴇɴ. ɢᴏssɪᴘ ᴄʜᴀɴɴᴇʟs!

DAVID DOBRIK WAS ENGULFED in a blanket in his living room, not moving his eyes away from the big screen. natalie definitely took note of the fact that he hadn't moved from his place for the past few hours and he never edited on a tuesday night anyway. walking into the living room from her bedroom, she spots him in the same place she left him a few hours ago. david's face is in a constant frown, with eyebrows pulled together and his nearly perfect teeth chewing on his lower lip. natalie was confused about what was so interesting about the television until she saw the video playing on the screen.

it was one of those pesky gossip channels on youtube that were pretty much everyone's secret guilty pleasure. the channels, where most people gathered enough information about all of the youtubers or celebrities. and the video that was playing . . . it was about daisy and grayson and their now very public date. the two had been seen out at the most basic place in los angeles—urth cafe—laughing and having the time of their lives. fans took numerous photos of the two together and with them, which sparked the rumors that they were dating yet again.

david let out an audibly sigh watching the woman speak about how this meant that grayson dolan, someone who a lot of girls loved, was not single anymore. and how daisy was now dating. he had just finished watching a fan made theory that the crush daisy had spoken about in her get ready with me video was about grayson. and how daisy always said she was falling for the wrong guys or had awful luck with the dating scene, yet she was going out on dates with grayson freaking dolan. there was a lot of fans, who shipped the two together—but for every positive comment made of the two, it was argued that daisy was dating david. which he just chuckled to.

for some reason, it made him feel frustrated. she was dating someone. his best friend was dating someone, who would obviously take up all of her time. but it was none of his business, because she was allowed to date. she should, in fact, date. daisy deserved to be happy and live the best life she could, but . . . but david wanted to make sure that he was still apart of her good life.

" dave? "   natalie mariduena sighs sitting down next to him on the couch. she was worried about david, because despite his normal lack of sleep and bags under his eyes, the ones under his eyes right now were more prominent. he hadn't really slept since the other day, because he found out about grayson and daisy's date.

david just hums, struggling to pull his eyes away from the television to stare at his childhood best friend. natalie smiled at him with sad eyes, and she grabbed the remote from the coffee table to turn the television off. david sighs and gulps visibly.

" maybe you should sleep? "  she offers and he just shakes his head, forcing his ryes closed and ran his hand through his messy bunch of hair on top of his head.

" can't sleep, natalie, just so confused, "  david says with a scratch of his head.

" about? "    natalie asks, trying to finally get david to admit the ever–so obvious feelings that he had for daisy, because he hadn't spoken about them.

natalie pretty much realized that david had secret, underlying feelings for daisy right after the day he dumped kelsey. he dumped kelsey in the living room, when she was just sitting in the kitchen eating a bowl of cereal. the reasoning for the dumping was that he wasn't what he needed, and how he needed someone like daisy in his life. which was awfully blunt in natalie's opinion, but she knew better than to comment on the situation. natalie then began to observe the situation—how david would always go out of his way to do anything for daisy, would never stop speaking about daisy and the two were practically in a serious, committed relationship without realizing that. natalie just wanted the two to be together . . . and this meant she would do anything to get that to happen.

" i just don't understand. daisy's dating grayson now? "   he asks finally opening his eyes and focusing his brown eyes to natalie's own.

" well, i wouldn't say date. they've been on just on one date, that really doesn't mean anything. they can be just friends, who went out to grab a bite and it was just that, "    natalie tries to offer, trying her best to make him feel better about the situation. her smile is weak and david just sighs.

" well yeah. but still, now that she's dating someone, she won't have any time to hang out! "   david groans dramatically and he threw his body against the couch resembling a toddler having a temper tantrum. the resemblance making natalie smirk.   " you know with anyone! and daisy is the most honest about my editing. and the bits. i just, i can't– i just need her by my side, you know, nat? like . . . grayson's a nice dude. but– "

" but you wish it were you . . . " natalie mumbles so quietly that david surely couldn't have understood what she said, so he just furrows his brows, " but you don't want to lose your best friend? " natalie tried to fix her situation.

          " obviously, natalie, why would i want to lose her? it was enough not talking to her when that incident happened . . . " he rolls his eyes and natalie could barely fight her smile, because david was the most toddler–like adult she had ever met. " but i just. i want daisy to be happy, because she deserves nothing less than perfect! but like at the same time, daisy has always been super insecure and unsure about dating so how is she suddenly so comfortable with dating? and dating so publicly on top of that? daisy's actually pretty secretive if you think about if, so how can she be so public. and grayson isn't especially private so how is this going to work? and how did alex not know, because he's like her brother– "

natalie smirks slightly watching david now pour his whole heart out about whatever was going on his mind and how he felt about the situation. his hands were flailing around dramatically and the frown had deepened on his face, which the childhood best friend thought couldn't possible be possible. but it really did deepen and the rant continued, with david not noticing how uninterested natalie was and she was just smiling at him now.

          " david. you are so unbelievably oblivious to everything that happens in that thick head of yours and around you, it makes me feel so surprised, "   natalie smiles and shakes her head getting off the couch to get a water bottle from the kitchen,   " sometimes you just can be so dumb that i question how you have all of this, " her hands signaled the house they were living in, " and haven't realized anything that is happening around you. "

          " what do you mean? " david couldn't help but think about the justin bieber song and how daisy sang it to him in the car earlier than week. he smiled at the memory.

          " why do you care so much that daisy is dating grayson? how does it really change anything in your life? other than that daisy may not have as much time to be at your beck and call . . . "   natalie asks walking back towards the couch, where david was still sitting, but now with a much better posture and looked a little more alive than before.

          " i, uh. um, i just care about her? "   david stammers. he didn't know what the reason was. he did not know why he didn't like the situation. because if he wanted daisy to be happy, why was he feeling so bitter about it all?

natalie shook her head walking back to her bedroom, leaving the now–confused youtuber sitting on the couch. he really didn't know why he was feeling so flustered over the situation. it didn't really affect him at all. there was no reason for him to be so flustered and bitter about it. but he still did feel that way. maybe it was because there could be possible underlying feelings for the younger ernst sibling, but that was something david would realize later on in his life . . . the epiphany wouldn't come just yet, because david's mind was furiously denying any feelings for the girl he had seen as a sister for so long. but the epiphany was just around the corner and it would certainly change the relationship he had already built with daisy. for the better, he wouldn't know.