xxv. never replaced

༉‧₊˚✧ 𝐑𝐀𝐒𝐏𝐁𝐄𝐑𝐑𝐘 𝐆𝐔𝐌 !
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ғɪᴠᴇ. ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʀᴇᴘʟᴀᴄᴇᴅ!

            IT WAS PRETTY IRONIC. or that's how daisy sees it. pretty ironic. david and daisy never fought, let alone about some girl that has in daisy's eyes replaced her in their friendship. the past few weeks, where the two have not texted or seen each other, have been different. david had to take a step back and think about everything—was what daisy saying true? while daisy could only think about how her dumb ass nearly let her feelings become known by the only person she didn't want to know. okay, who was she kidding, she definitely did want david to know, but only if he could reciprocate the same feelings.

this time there was no rain storm getting closer, no alcohol–induced rants . . . it was just the two of them standing in front of daisy's car, with her fiddling with the sleeves of her hoodie and him running his hand through his hair more than necessary.

" look, dave, i overreacted, " " daisy, i'm fucking sorry, "

daisy just gives david a tight lipped smile, not really knowing how to respond that. david just sighs really loudly and the silence falls upon them again. daisy just stares at her feet, avoiding his piercing eyes, because it hurts. it hurts to look into them and realize that those are eyes that belong to someone she wishes she could be with, but can't. daisy visibly shrugs, trying to shrug off her thoughts.

        " what happened between us? "   she whispers so quietly that david has to take a double take in his mind that if he didn't miss it.    " when did it all go wrong? okay . that was more than a overreaction, now was it? "

david shakes his head, exclaiming quickly, " no, no, no! i think it was when i thought that everything i should do with a girlfriend was what we did . or me replacing you with someone, who i genuinely don't care that much about– " david was talking with his hands and he looked stressed.

          " you don't care about her? david julian dobrik, i have taught you better than dragging a girl along, "  daisy narrows her eyes with the tiniest smirk, daisy which david definitely noticed, thinking about how she might've won the nonexistent battle over the slovak,  " but dave. i just, i think we have to forget about the party. i was a drunk or tipsy, and i know that is not an excuse and should never be an excuse, but i think we can let that slide this time. "

david smiles, this time not an awkward small smile, but a genuine happy smile. he shook his head,  " i think i agree with you, dais. but you have got to let me talk first, it would mean the world to me. and i think as my best friend, you will give me that! "

" you're a fucking dork, you know that? but go ahead– " she laughs, still feeling unbelievably awkward standing there. if he didn't necessarily care about kelsey, why did he have to make her feel so low about it at the party? and why was he stringing her along?

" i'm so freaking sorry, daisy. i can't even, what i said at the party, how i behaved . . . it was all so fucking childish and dumb. and i was mean! i don't want to be a mean person, " he exhales, feeling as though a huge weight is coming off of his shoulders for being able to apologize, " i can't even blame alcohol. or anything really except my big ass ego– "