CHAPTER TWO

*FREDDIE'S POV*
"I, uh, I...I told them I was dating...you." John mumbled quietly, his cheeks turning a light shade of pink as he fiddled with his hands.
My eyes must've widened to the size of saucers, I was not expecting that!
Did I hear him right? Maybe I didn't, he was rather quiet. Surely it wasn't me? Why would it be me? Why not Roger, or Brian? At least Rog is attractive and Brian is smart, what have I got?

"Me?" I questioned, still not believing what I thought I heard.
John just nodded, still looking away as I stared at him.
"Why would you say me?" I asked curiously.

"I don't know. I panicked." He said quickly, looking up at me nervously. "I'm sorry Fred. I didn't mean to say it. It just came out and before I could say anything Mum got so excited, she's always loved you. She couldn't stop smiling!" He blurted, running his hands through his hair.
"I-I completely understand if you don't want to talk to me again. I fucked up. I'm telling her tomorrow it wasn't true." He panicked, starting to pace around the kitchen.

"John, calm down." I said sternly, not that he was listening.
"Whoa, stop pacing and listen." I added, placing my hands on his shoulders to stop him moving. "Why would I not want to talk to you again? It's not that big of a deal darling."

"My parents think we're dating Freddie, that's kind of a big deal don't you think?!" He said, looking flustered.
I honestly didn't understand the issue, we weren't dating. He just needed to go over and explain everything to them.

"You just need to explain what happened to them dear, I'm sure they'll understand." I soothed, squeezing his shoulder lightly.
John rolled his eyes, clearly not liking my response.

"How many times have you met my parents?" He asked.

"Uh, twice, I think." I shrugged, not exactly sure what that had to do with anything.

"Twice? Right. You don't know what they're like Fred. You didn't grow up with them. Their favourite thing to do is pester somebody. If it wasn't me, it was my sister, and now, thanks to me being an utter prat, I'm going to cop it again." He sighed, looking defeated.
I felt bad for him.
I don't have the best relationship with my parents either, but they've never bothered me that much. We just stay out of each other's way mostly.
"Oh god, I'm going to be the laughing stock of the family!" He groaned, hiding his face in his hands.

"Hey." I said quietly, pulling one of his hands away.
"Stop panicking. You're going to be fine John, okay? You don't have to stress about this. It'll be fine." I tried my best to sound somewhat convincing, knowing full well he didn't believe a word of what I was saying.
Without saying anything else, I pulled him into me, him soon wrapping his arms around my waist, squeezing me tightly. He needed a hug.
John was the type of person who needed reassurance. He wasn't needy, he just needed someone to tell him things would be okay from time to time.

"Thank you Fred." I heard him mumble into my shoulder.

"You're welcome Deaky." I smiled, patting his back.

"What are you two lovebirds up to in here then?" Roger's voice suddenly called from the kitchen doorway, causing John to pull away from me quickly.
His face was as red as a tomato as he looked back down at the ground again, shuffling his feet awkwardly.

"None of your concern darling." I smirked, watching Roger give me a look.

"Did I interrupt something?" He smirked himself, pointing between John and I.
Trust Roger to walk in on a hug and believe something else was going on. He really needs to get laid and stop butting into everyone else's private lives.

"N-No." John mumbled quietly, not making eye contact with either of us. "Thanks again Fred." He added, looking up for a spilt second to send me a small smile as he ran out of the room.