CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

*Hi everyone! So I've decided to make this the last chapter of this book, BUUUUUUT I'm happy to write a sequel if you guys want one? I loved writing this book, and would happily start a sequel, I just thought here would be the best place to end one "chapter" if you will, and pick it up in the next one! Let me know what you think! ☺️*

*3RD PERSON POV*
*One Week Later*
"How's Freddie?" John asked Roger as the two of them wandered around the hospital corridors together. The bassist was finally allowed to move out of his bed but was on strict instructions to limit his walking, so he and the blonde took trips browsing the hospital to get his exercise in. It was nice, but John's gut was telling him he'd rather be doing it with Freddie. The frontman had only been one other time to visit since the first day, not that John blamed him for staying away. He'd broken his heart, and even if it wasn't intentional, he could see how badly it hurt him. He had to fight back tears again as he just sat and looked at the younger man. He wouldn't touch him, and barely made conversation. He just wanted to look. It hurt John. It hurt him to think that he caused his pain. He was one of his best friends, and he couldn't imagine doing anything to hurt him!

"He's, uh..." Rog hummed, contemplating an answer to spin to the worried man.

"Just tell me the truth Roger." John sighed, shoving his hands in the pockets of his sweatpants. Him lying wasn't going to change anything. It wasn't going to make him feel better about any of this, it would just make him feel worse.

"He's shit John." The older lad said seriously, not hesitating his answer this time. "If you really want to know, I've not seen him stop crying since this happened." He sighed, his response making John's heart lurch in his chest. He cared about Freddie. He may not remember, or reciprocate the feelings anymore, but he does care for him. He doesn't deserve to be hurting, he's done nothing but love and care for everyone else, and now he's all alone again. All alone because of him.

"Fuck." Deaky muttered, quickly blinking away tears that began to well in his eyes. The whole situation had made him more emotional that he had ever been for some reason. He doesn't cry. He never cried, and now suddenly he was a sobbing baby!

"Fuck indeed." Roger mumbled, his arms folded as he looked to the floor.

"Did I love him?" John asked again quietly, both bandmates stopping in place.

"John-"

"I need to know Rog." He butted in quickly. "Did I love him back?" He quizzed, giving him a serious look. It was hard for him to picture himself and Fred dating. He could never see him as anything but a friend. He couldn't even picture kissing him, let alone doing everything else they'd bound to have done!

"Of course you did Deaks." Roger finally answered, tears now in his eyes too. "You two had your fair share of issues, even in only a few months, but you loved each other. You loved Fred, so much." He sighed, shaking his head to hide his crying.

"Sorry Rog, I didn't mean to-" John started, his hand now on his shoulder.

"No, I'm sorry." He sighed again, cutting John off. "I shouldn't be the one upset over this, but it was, it was just nice to finally see him happy with someone." He mumbled, mostly to himself as he fiddled with his hands. John nodded, feeling even worse for upsetting yet ANOTHER one of his best friends. He seemed to be on a roll with making people cry this past week. "It's not your fault either John. You shouldn't apologise for something you can't control." He added, looking up at him.

"I can't help but feel responsible though. You didn't see how upset he was when I brushed him off Roger. I could basically see his heart shattering as he looked at me. He, he thought I was joking, that I was kidding around with him." John cried. "He didn't realise I'd forgotten him."