CHAPTER SIX

*FREDDIE'S POV*
"I'm still not sure this is a good idea Fred." Roger sighed, watching me pack the last of my clothes in my bag. I rolled my eyes as my back was turned to him, waiting for the same lecture I've received for the past two days to start again.

"You've said before love." I muttered, pushing my things down before zipping up the bag quickly.
John and I were going away today. I was more than a little nervous. His parents are lovely, don't get me wrong, and I've told more than my fair share of white lies over the years, but this meeting his entire family thing was concerning me. I was worried they weren't going to like me, which is ridiculous because after the weekend I'd never see them again, but I was still anxious they'd tell John I wasn't good enough.

"And now I'm saying it again. You and John are asking for trouble by lying to his whole family Freddie. It's not even just his parents anymore. It's his whole fucking family!" He exclaimed as I turned to face him.

"Rog, look, I know you're a worry wart and can't leave this alone, but it's going to be fine." I said, pushing my anxiety aside with a flap of my hand. I only earned a scoff in response. "What's it matter to you anyway?"

"You're both my friends Fred, and you're my BEST friend. I don't want either of you to get hurt by this. I don't even understand why he thought this was a good idea!"

"It was my idea actually." I replied, watching his eyes widen.

"Your idea? Your idea?! Freddie, are you crazy?!" He shouted. "You can't seriously be thinking you can pretend to be in love with someone for a whole weekend? God, and I thought John was the clueless one, but it's been you the whole time!"

"Don't shout at me." I mumbled, not liking being yelled at by him again. "I'm doing Deaky a favour. That's it. He doesn't want to hurt his Mum." I explained quietly.

"Just a favour?" He quizzed, his voice quieter. "This doesn't have anything to do with you kissing him last week does it?"

"No!" I snapped suddenly, my heart racing. "A-Absolutely not." That kiss was because I was upset. It had nothing to do with me wanting John...

"Fred, if you like him, it's okay to say so." He said softly, giving me a knowing look.

"I-I don't like him." I stuttered, looking down at my hands. "I'm just, just helping him out. That's what friends do." I blushed, feeling my face burning.

"I think he likes you too." Rog smirked, getting me to look up at him.
I shook my head, not believing him for a second. John wouldn't like me. He can have anyone he wanted, why would he want me?

"Bullshit."

"He wouldn't have got so angry after you explained the kiss if he didn't feel something towards you." He shrugged. "And, you're the person he's fake dating, so you've gotta mean something to him."
He did have a point. I wondered why John got so worked up after I explained what happened with us. He was hurt. He wouldn't have been hurt if he didn't think it meant something...right?

"He...I think I like him." I almost whispered, my heart speeding up again as the words left my mouth.

"BINGO!" Roger yelled, a smile on his face. "I knew it!"

"Shush Rog! Don't tell the whole fucking world!" I hushed, my face still burning hot.

"Nobody's gonna hear Fred, calm down." He chuckled, his smiled not fading.

"Why are you smiling like that?" I asked, a little disturbed.

"Because I'm happy for you, you numpty!"

"Nothing's happened yet Rog, don't celebrate too early." I laughed, shaking my head again.

"No, but I'm sure it will. This weekend could be what you two lovebirds need, hey." He winked.