CHAPTER NINE

*JOHN'S POV*
Freddie and I returned home later than expected this afternoon. We got caught saying goodbye to everyone multiple times after lunch, poor Ella didn't want to let Fred go! He looked so happy around my family. It was strange in a way, because before we left to go he was a nervous wreck! I told him they'd love him, it was hard not to.
We arrived home to find Brian and Roger writing together in the lounge, a sight I never thought I'd see! It usually took us all to sit together to actually get some work done, but the two of them had surprisingly smashed out two verses each on the songs they were writing. I was impressed, it was more than Fred and I had achieved.

"So, how'd it go?" Roger asked, sitting his pencil down to look up at the both of us. I blushed quickly, looking away, not knowing if Freddie wanted to say anything about us.

"Amazing darling!" He smiled widely, sinking into the chair he was sitting in. "John's family are so lovely, they all welcomed me in without batting an eyelid!" He said happily, flicking a glance to me. I sent him a smile back, trying to push the blush away.

"Oh, good!" Brian smiled too, copying Roger's actions. The two of them were sat rather close together, but I didn't think to point it out. "You were stressing for nothing Deaky." He laughed lightly, turning his attention to me.

"Yeah, I guess I was." I smiled back from my place next to Freddie. I will admit that it was nice to have Fred get on with my family. Even though we started off fake dating, at least we know that they're all accepting of us now that we're actually together.

"Are you guys forgetting that you were only pretending to date?" Rog spoke up again, a serious tone to his voice. "It didn't really make a difference whether they accepted Fred or not if you aren't really together." He shrugged.
I noticed Freddie tense slightly beside me, his hand tightly gripping the side of the chair he was resting in.

"It's still nice that they welcomed him in for the weekend Rog. It would've been a bit awkward if they didn't." Brian replied before either of us could. I sent him a thankful smile and he nodded back, knowing how I felt about Fred.

"The whole thing seems a bit stupid to me." Roger mumbled, picking his pencil back up again.

"It seems what?" Freddie asked, suddenly sounding angry.

"Fred, it's fine." I said quietly, really not wanting another row to start. We had such a nice weekend, we didn't need to come home to an argument.

"It's nothing! Right Roger?" Brian butted in, sending the blonde a glare.

"I don't see the point of pretending. You could've just said that you fucked up and you weren't actually together." Roger spoke up, explaining himself.

"Are you really that thick?!" Bri sighed, rolling his eyes at Rog's comments.

"What?" Roger questioned, looking confused. Bri groaned, shaking his head at the idiot sat beside him.

"It's done now. Can we just leave it?" I added in, trying to defuse the rage I could feel radiating off Freddie. I could tell he was itching to tear into Roger. The two of them are best friends, but the younger man gets on Fred's nerves more than anything.

"Yes, please." Brian agreed, mouthing a sorry to me afterwards.

"I'm going to unpack." Freddie muttered, mostly to himself, as he got up and stalked down the hall. I sighed, rubbing my face tiredly, as I heard his door slam. He was going to be in a mood now.

"Thanks Roger." I snapped, annoyed at him myself.

"What? I'm just being honest." He grumbled, scribbling on the corner of his notebook.