28

Hiccup smiled crookedly at Aldru from his seat beside her bed and observed, "these people really respect you."

Aldru smiled back at him and took his hand into hers as she replied, "personally, I think it's a bit much."

"Yeah?" Hiccup questioned, "why's that?"

"Well, because, I get that from the dragons all of the time," she explained, "my relationship with other humans feels much more equal;  I just want to be treated like anyone else." She looked up at Hiccup to find him staring dreamily into her face. "What?" She questioned shyly, her face blushing.

"Oh nothing, it's just," Hiccup began with a quirky grin, "you really are something."

Aldru blushed even harder then. She watched Hiccup lean down and plant a gentle kiss on her lips. Placing her free hand on the side of his jaw, Aldru closed her eyes and kissed him back, smiling against his lips.

When Hiccup felt her smile, he couldn't help but smile as well. And soon, the kiss was broken by Aldru's giggling. Hiccup smiled at her in wonder, still just inches from her face, his eyes loving and warm as he asked breathily, "what is it?"

"The way you make me feel," Aldru began, then said playfully, "you really are something."

Hiccup chuckled lightly and caressed her cheek with his thumb before leaning down to kiss her again. After a moment, Hiccup broke away and moved from his chair to sit on the side of the bed. His legs still dangled over the side but he faced Aldru. He watched her grin mischievously, and before he could ask what she was thinking, Hiccup felt her tug him down to her by the front of his shirt.

Again, their lips collided so sweetly. Aldru kept his shirt clumped in her small fist, while her other hand held one of his. When she felt Hiccup's free hand slide to her waist, butterflies erupted in her stomach. The two were so focused on each other that they didn't even notice when the door to the hut opened. The only thing that stopped them was a loud, obnoxious shout...

"OH MY THOR!" It was Snotlout.

Aldru accidentally banged her head hard against Hiccup's when she jumped with start. Hiccup whipped around, holding a hand to the bruise on his forehead, just in time to see Snotlout's look of horror before slamming the door back shut.

Hiccup looked back down at Aldru and they shared a look of shock and nervousness; they knew Snotlout was going to tell everyone. After a minute, Aldru began to notice the pain in her skull and clutched her forehead and mumbled softly"..ow..."

At this, Hiccup chuckled, "yeah."

"Sorry about that," Aldru spoke sheepishly.

"Don't worry about it," Hiccup responded, pausing to leave a gentle kiss on her bruised forehead. He smiled down at her in amusement and teased, "I blame Snotlout."

Aldru giggled again, and the two got to share this moment together for a bit longer.

• • •

After finally getting the 'okay' from Throk, Aldru left the hut feeling much better than before. Hiccup had left her earlier in order to plan out their next move with Astrid, so she began to look for them.

Spotting them at an outdoor table, Aldru jogged over with a smile.

"Looks like you're back to you old, energetic self," Astrid observed, relief in her eyes, "it's a miracle you survived."

However, before Aldru could say anything back, Snotlout came over to join the group. "Yeah? Well it's a miracle I still have eyes, thanks to Hic-dru over there," he crossed his arms and spoke with distaste.

Astrid scrunched her eyebrows; she didn't know. "Did I miss something?" She questioned, looking form Hiccup to Aldru with confusion.

"I walked into the hut to check on Aldru earlier and found her sucking face with mister one-leg," Snotlout shouted as if he'd been done wrong.

Aldru felt her face immediately turn red. "You make it sound so much worse than it was," Hiccup pointed out, his own embarrassment showing on his cheeks.

Snotlout looked irritated as he argued, "you guys were practically--"

"Good Thor, Snotlout," Astrid silenced him, "it was just kissing. I saw too, but I wasn't going to make a big deal out of it.

"Wha--you saw, too?" Aldru questioned in horror.

Astrid smirked a little and explained, "I didn't want to disturb, so I left."

"Saw what?" Fishlegs asked as he came over to the flustered group.

"Aldru and Hiccup being all lovey dovey in the hut," Snotlout answered, with a frown of disgust.

Fishlegs smiled at this and replied simply, "oh, I saw that."

"What?!" Hiccup yelled, his voice sounding helpless and defeated.

"I thought it was romantic," Fishlegs admitted with a grin.

Snotlout then yelled in fury, "it was aweful! The images are glued to the backs of my eyelids. I'm gonna have nightmares."

However, the conversation quickly ended when fire began to rain down on the village. Screams and shouts tore through the air; singetails.

Hiccup looked up in despair. "They followed us all the way here." He then turned to the riders and ordered, "everyone, to your dragons."

As the Vikings scattered, Aldru looked around in panic. She stopped Hiccup before he could take off on Toothless, "what can I do?"

Hiccup gave her a nervous look. She wanted to help, and he knew that she could, but what if something happened to her in the process. Finally, he sighed, "do what you have to do."

As the night fury took to the air, Aldru smiled a bit. She raced toward the edge of the island; it was imperative that these singetails knew she was there. When she reached the edge of the island, Aldru turned to her dragon form.

At least, she tried to.

For some reason, her body stayed as it was. Aldru's stomach dropped as a singetail spotted her. It was obvious by the dragon's hesitation that it knew what she was, it could sense her power. But the flier on it's back whipped it hard on the side and suddenly, all the dragon cared about was doing what it was told in order to avoid the whip.