THE WIZRD: Part I

FUTURE POV:

January 31, 2019. We're three days out from the Superbowl and my city is on fire. It feels good to be able to celebrate at home with my core fan base, especially since were celebrating two things: Atlanta's first time hosting the game in nearly twenty years and my album and documentary, 'THE WIZRD'. In my eyes I was the most blessed man Georgia had ever seen, nothing and nobody could ruin this time for me.

Esco and I decided to keep it lowkey tonight and threw a lil kickback at his crib. Nothing crazy, just a few bottles, some good food, some weed, and old friends. Well mostly old friends. Last week I met ½ of The City Girls, Caresha (Yung Miami). Even though I didn't know lil bit too well I was still praying for JT's speedy release. I've been there and I wouldn't wish that on anybody, especially when you're finally starting to taste success. I invited her to this and told her to bring a friend, hopefully it's someone that balances out all her wild ass energy.

The party's been going for about an hour now and I gotta say, this was a great idea. It feels good to be able to enjoy myself without constantly having to look over my shoulder. Even though I'm accustomed to it that shit is draining. Miami hit me a lil while ago to tell me her and her friend were on the way, but I know what that meant: her, her friend, Coach, and Pee were coming. Chuckling lightly, I thought, "They never let her outta their sight. She must be bad for real."

I made my way to the front to see that they'd just arrived and damn, I'm already thanking Miami. This girl she brought with her was stunning. Don't get me wrong, she isn't the Instagram model I usually go for but maybe it's time to try something different. She's short as hell, can't be more than 5'2, perfect. Beautiful brown skin that mirrored mine. From head to toe she looked like a literal chocolate bar. And this hair on her, I know it's hers, my girls been wearing wigs so long I could spot that shit a mile away. This would be my first time meeting a black girl with hip length hair that was hers. Was that a problematic thought? Maybe, but for me it's true, until now.

Coach introduced me to her. Her name's Melanie. It fits her perfectly, just as cute as she is. This jumpsuit she had on was driving me crazy. Pink, sparkly, short, and her ass was sitting right in it. When we exchanged introductions, I could tell she was nervous, but I wasn't sure if it was because of me or because Miami went off and left her in a room full of strangers. Coach had to dip pretty early, and Pee had to watch Caresha, there was no way around that.

All night I watched her try to blend in even though I could tell she desperately wanted to leave, she's not comfortable here. The only person she'd talk to all night was Esco and I don't know why but something about that rubbed me the wrong way. Why isn't she talking to me? I want to get to know her too. I saw Esco head to the bathroom. It's now or never. I gulped down the last of my drink and started walking towards her before I could change my mind. She's prettier up close.

"Hello Melanie." I said to her. She looked up at me with her Colgate white smile and returned the greeting. For some reason I was frozen after that. Who the hell is this girl and why was she turning me into a twelve-year-old boy again? I'm a grown ass man, I should be able to handle myself right now. The only thing that gave me some solace was that I could see how nervous she was too.