THE WIZRD: Part II

MELANIE POV:

To say that I'm shocked right now would be an understatement. This past month my life has been moving wildly fast. I met Caresha at the club this past December. I went to Miami to find some peace, something I do a couple times a year. I love my city, don't get me wrong but sometimes I can't think in Atlanta. Lil' Haiti gets me right when I need it. Was I Haitian? Absolutely not but something about that part of the city and those people was always comforting to me.

I met Caresha on my first night out. She was nice enough to invite me up to VIP since I was alone. Ever since that night we've been kind of inspirable. I think JT being gone was finally starting to eat away at her. But in the month I'd known her personally it was weighing on me too. The first time I talked to JT she was so sweet to me and thanked me for being the friend Miami needed right now. I wanted her home too so I could only imagine how hard this was for the team.

When she invited me out tonight, I knew there was no saying no, she needed some time outta the studio and from work period. We'd gotten all dolled up to show up to a kick back and I must say this was a waste of an outfit but we were the best dressed women here so I guess I can't be too mad at it. She left me not too long after we got here but I kinda knew that was gonna happen. Her boo was showing up tonight and I wasn't gonna hang all over here like I couldn't take care of myself. So all night I talked to Esco. He's such a sweetheart. If he didn't have his talents I know he'd never be caught up with these kinda niggas. He doesn't seem grimy, but hey, I just met the man, what do I know?

His friend, who's home I'm sure this was, has been staring at me all night. It made me slightly uncomfortable, mostly because I don't know why he's looking so hard. You're Future, I know you know how to come talk to a woman. A small voice in my head said, "maybe he's nervous." but I quickly shut that down. This is his home and I'm a guest; he's a celebrity and I'm friends with a celebrity, he has no reason to be nervous. I watched him out of my peripheral all night. He looked good, I can't lie. But that kind of man isn't interested in me and I shouldn't be interested in him. Six kids and six moms? No thanks. I'm not judging him but that isn't anything I want to be involved in.

When he came up to me I was stunned. He looked better up close. Our introduction was quick, and I hadn't taken the time to really appreciate his face. I can almost see how so many women get caught up. This man is beautiful. We made small talk for a little while until Esco came to whisk me away to food I so desperately craved. I could tell he was a little upset about that but I couldn't put my finger on why. I spent the rest of the night with E: talking, taking shots, dancing, taking snaps and all. He's someone I can definitely see myself befriending. Around 3am Coach called to let us know it was time to go. I could tell Miami wanted to throw a little fit about it but she was far too tired. My little baby needed to be home resting. Before leaving Esco and I exchanged numbers and made plans to hang out again soon. I didn't see Future anymore that night. I guess he got busy. I wanted to thank him for the great function he'd put on but I guess I'll do it another time.