THE WIZRD: Part IV

MELANIE POV:

Driving home I decided to stop by Chick-fil-A, it was late but thank God for the 24hr. one in Hapeville. It's Wednesday so I know the line is mad long. While I waited to order my food, I decided to check my Instagram. While scrolling through my DM's one caught my eye:

@future: Hello beautiful. * 1w

Omg. He sent me a message. And he sent it a whole week ago. Wait, why am I freaking out? He's a man, same as any other man.

He's a man you're intrigued by.

After some mental gymnastics with myself I decided to respond.

@PrincessMel: Hey! I just saw your message. My bad.

I didn't expect him to respond quickly or respond at all for that matter. He probably thinks I was curving him.

@future: Not a problem beautiful. Are you busy tonight?

WTF?

@PrincessMel: No, why do you ask?

@future: I wanted to see if we could get together.

@PrincessMel: I'd love to but its 1am and the only things open right now are legs, Waffle House, and the Chick-fil-A in Hapeville so no thanks. We can do something tomorrow while the sun is shining.

Ok now I definitely don't think he's gonna respond. I know he isn't used to that but I have to lay the ground rules for these niggas. You can't run through me and then run outta my life. That's all the way dead. Finally being able to order my food I did and then headed home. I decided to enjoy my food with some Bob's Burgers instead of my phone so I put it on the charger and left it. And maybe I was trying to keep myself from checking it every five seconds to see if this man responded to me. After eating and cleaning up I decided to be a big girl and check my phone. The worst that could happen is that he didn't reply.

@future: Oh I see you a real ATLien girl 🤣. We can do something later today, whatever you want, just let me know.

Smiling, I double tapped his message to let him know I heard him and headed to bed.