THE WIZRD: Part VII

FUTURE POV:

I decided to end our day by swinging baby girl to Jeni's for some ice cream before I took her home. It's later than I expected, almost 7 pm, but I'm not complaining. She's a joy to spend time with I must say. When I told her we were getting a treat after dinner her eyes lit up! She's a little kid at heart but I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing, maybe I need a lil young thing to keep me on my toes.

I decided to just send Mel in to get our ice cream while I went to the bathroom. After handling my business I headed into the parlor to see some nigga standing way too close to her AND she's in his ugly ass face smiling and shit!

OH HELL NAH.

Before I could stop myself I walked up behind her, wrapped my arms around her waist, and buried my head in her neck leaving light kisses along the way. I'll deal with her lil ass in the car but I gotta show this nigga she isn't available at all. I noticed that she didn't tense up or try to move away from me at all during this either. Homeboy looked scared and genuinely confused. I let them say their goodbyes before I rushed her to the car so we could have this conversation in private.

MELANIE POV:

This date couldn't be going better if I willed it! I've been having the very best day with this man. He's such a sweetheart. I see how her charms the panties off of all these women.

Girl, you're next.

I quickly shut that thought down. Yes, he's sweet and incredibly attractive but I'm not sure what this is and I'm not sure I even wanna have sex with him just yet. This nigga is fertile as hell and I don't wanna be baby moms' number seven.

I told him I love ice cream while we were at the aquarium. I see he was listening, and Jeni's happened to be one of my favorites in the city. But he doesn't know that. I still haven't decided if I think Esco is feeding him information or not.

After pulling up at the ice cream parlor he quickly shoved his card into my hand while he hurried off to the bathroom. I told his ass not to have three glasses of water and a glass of Scotch. After paying for our ice cream I ran into an old friend, Luis. Luis and I were thicker than thieves. He actually introduced me to Jeni's years ago. After he'd gotten into a serious relationship a couple years back we lost touch. His girlfriend wasn't a huge fan of me, and I thought she wasn't cute or accomplished enough to be with my friend if we're being honest.

I heard the door open and judging by his face I knew immediately who it was. That was confirmed when I felt his arms wrap around my waist and his head in my neck, leaving the softest kisses I've ever felt. I know that means it's time to go. We said our goodbyes, but we were interrupted before we could exchange our new information.

Whatever, I'll find Luis on the gram.

I could almost feel how much trouble I was in when we were walking back to the car. This nigga is squeezing the life outta my hand and damn near running through the parking lot. But I'm not gonna say anything. I wanna see how he handles this.

Once we were settled in I looked at him to find him already looking at me. Before I could open my mouth the questions started.

"Who the fuck is that Rico Suave ass nigga and why does he think it's alright for him to be so friendly to you?" he said in a chillingly calm voice.

I have to answer this very carefully. With tact but still honest. I don't want this to be a problem, but Luis also just told me that him and shawty broke up and I miss my friend desperately. He's literally one of the only ones I had before Caresha.

"His name is Luis. We've been friends since we were 14. We lost touch a couple years ago because he had a girlfriend that wasn't comfortable with our relationship. He just told me that they broke up not too long ago, maybe 4 months. He's just coming back home." I said smoothly while eating my ice cream and looking him dead in the eye so he could see that I wasn't telling lies or trying to play games with him.

"You ever fucked that nigga?" he asked in the harshest voice I've heard him use since meeting me. I almost wanted to laugh but not wasn't the time to be silly.

"No. Strictly friendship." he looked like he didn't wanna believe it but decided to let me live but not without the last word.

"Y'all friendship is over. I don't want you hanging around that man if you're trying to be with me. End of conversation."