THE WIZRD: Part IX

MELANIE POV:

It's been one week since I've spoken to Future. One long week. I guess the Universe told everyone about how free I am because since that date my friends and family have come up with a million or more things for me to do every day. I'm silently grateful for it though, it's keeping my mind off this man ignoring me. I've reached out a couple of times since our date, but it hasn't been reciprocated. I'm sure he's washed his hands of me and even though it hurts just a little that's something I have to be fine with. We only would've ended up fighting over Luis down the line anyway.

I've been spending a lot of time with my brothers this past week. Everyone is home and I gotta say, I cherish these moments. We usually only get to spend this kind of time together around the holidays.

I decided tonight would be a great time for us to all go out together. With our age ranges, I was never really able to party with my brothers. My oldest 3 decided they'd come out for dinner but no clubbing which I can respect, they're all married with kids. But Johnathan, on the other hand, couldn't resist a good time out. Twenty-five and newly single, the club is currently his favorite place. It hurts my heart to know my brother wasted his last five years on a bitch that ended up being a cheater.

Disgusting.

He's always been the closest to me, because of our age, yes but we're kinda the same person as well. I'm treating my brothers to a cute lil late steak dinner at Kevin Rathbun's before John & I slide to Onyx. We're keeping it real ratchet tonight.

Our parents would be mortified if they knew that's where we were going.

Laughing quietly to myself I shook my head. Grown and still sneaking around to show out. Unfortunately, this is how it has to be. Our parents are upper echelon Atlanta. This isn't how they've ever gotten down to my knowledge.

Our dinner isn't until 9:00 pm. Calling Miami I quickly invited her to the club tonight. Of course, she said yes. It's currently only 4:30 pm. I decided to take a nap until it was time to get ready.

I've gotta stop taking these naps! 7 PM! I'll be shocked if I'm on time tonight. Thank God I already have an outfit picked out. All I have to do is take a quick shower and do my makeup. My hair is still straight and I'm loving it. Taking a quick shower, I then set out all of my makeup. After beating my face down, good as fuck I might say, I'm ready to get dressed. Quickly throwing on an off the shoulder, long-sleeved red dress and my red 'So Kate' Louboutin's, I then packed my red mini purse.

I'm a fine ass red crayon.

Checking the time and seeing that it's almost 8:30 pm I went ahead and ordered my Uber.

Uber: Your car is 3 minutes away.

Heading downstairs I waited on my car. Seeing that my driver was here I headed out and locked up. After double checking to make sure this was actually my driver I got into the car. Can't ever be too safe in this city. We made it to the restaurant fast, living in the city has its benefits for sure. Thanking my driver and running in I saw my brothers heading back to the table.

Right on time.

Johnathan was the first to see me and say hello. I spoke to the rest of my brothers and we settled into a comfortable conversation while we waited for our food. Catching up with them was great. I'd kinda skipped out on Christmas this past year after leaving Miami and heading to Rio. As much as I love my family traveling with them is such a hassle. Midway through dinner, the conversation turned to dating and I simply tried to disappear. The only people that can be focused on right now are myself and Johnathan. He's all too happy to talk about the drove of women he's making his way through. I, on the other hand, would prefer to keep my business to myself. I don't want a speech tonight. Distracting myself with my phone worked until I noticed the entire table was quiet and looking at me.

Fucking splendid.

"Did I miss something?" I said trying to play off that I was ignoring them.

"We asked if you've been dating anyone little sister?" Mason said with a sinister smile on his face.

Nosey ass nigga!

"Oh, um no. I've just been enjoying myself."

"And what does that mean?"

"It means I'm minding my business and so should you." I said quickly shutting all that down. I'm not telling them anything. There's nothing to tell.

Whispering to Johnathan to let him know I was ready to leave we ordered an Uber and scooted up outta there.

Once situated in the car I sent Miami a quick text to let her know we were on the way. She sent me a heads up that she invited her boo, Southside, and that he'd invited some friends too. I'm excited to hear that. Maybe he has some fine ass friends.

We quickly thanked our driver and walked towards the club. It's Friday, it's payday, this line is long as fuck but apparently, Johnathan knows the bouncer, so we won't have to wait. After making a call we were being ushered in, hearing the complaints behind us.

Making our way up to VIP, Caresha would have nothing less. My lil boujee babe. Speaking to everyone once we made our way inside, we quickly got some drinks and split up. Johnathan's been eyeing a cute dark skin girl since we walked up. I went to go hangout with Miami and Southside, but I also don't wanna monopolize their time. I hate third wheels and I refuse to be one.

After about an hour of chilling with them I decided to go down to the dance floor to let off some of this energy. I let them know and sent Johnathan a quick text before making my way down. Heading to the bar I bumped into someone hard as hell. Bracing myself for the fall I opened my eyes when I realized I was in a person's arms, a man's arms. I nearly couldn't breathe when I looked up at this beautiful man holding me.

"You okay mamas?" he whispered in my ear while standing me on my feet.

"Yeah, I am. Thanks..."

"Kelly." he said smiling so bright I nearly fainted.

"Thank you, Kelly." I said quietly. I'm nervous as fuck right now. This man is literally beautiful. Well over six feet, skinny but still built, covered in tattoos, and sporting green eyes. Trouble. But maybe I wanna get into some trouble tonight.

This man looks so familiar.

"What's your name beautiful?"

"Melanie." I said smiling shyly.

"Well Melanie, how about you let me buy you a drink and we can head back to my section." he said pointing to the VIP directly across from ours.

"I'd love to Kelly."

This is about to be a good night.