THE WIZRD: Part V

MELANIE POV:

I rested so well. Maybe it's because I went to sleep as soon as I finished eating or maybe it's because I know I have a date with Future today.

Is it really even a date though?

He probably wasn't viewing it that way and I shouldn't either. This was just two friends spending time together. I needed to let him know what I wanted to do today though. After we talked last night I could barely keep my eyes open.

@PrincessMel: Hey, I know what I wanna do today!

I decided to take a shower and start pulling myself together while I waiting for him to respond. Turning on some classic Sean Paul while I showered soothed me almost as much as the hot water. After taking care of my the rest of my hygiene routine I went to Instagram to check my messages.

@future: Too late lil bit. I've already decided what we're doing today. Be ready at 1 pm. I'll swing by and pick you up.

Looking at the clock to see it was 9:14 am I slowed down a little. I had plenty of time to pick something out, do my makeup, and touch up my hair. I decided to let him know I could drive myself though. I didn't want him to have to come outta the way to come get me.

@PrincessMel: It's alright, I can meet you there.

@future: I wasn't asking you. Slide me your addy.

Taken slightly aback I read over the message a few times again before deciding to just let this man do his thing. I sent him my address and went to make myself breakfast. Nothing too extra, a large fruit plate and a glass of lemon water.

Dialing Miami's contact I waiting on the call to connect. When I realized she wasn't gonna answer I just hung up. My doll must still be sleeping, she sent me a video from the studio after 3 am. She's one of the hardest working women I know. It's nice to see the people around you working on legacy so early. I decided to do some light reading while I waited. I wouldn't start getting ready until 11 am.

I know better. I shouldn't have started reading. It's 11:30, I gotta start getting ready. Prepping my skin was an easy step. I decided to wear a simple, long-sleeved black dress with my checkered slip-on Vans. I'm not sure where we're going but hopefully, this will suffice. I'll spruce it up with my jewelry and my handbag.

I kept the makeup simple. A pretty foundation, light concealer & contour, and a pretty pink lip gloss. I had my lashes filled in a few days ago. Absolutely amazing. I don't know why I hadn't started getting them done sooner. My hair is still decently straight but I'm gonna pass my flat iron through it a few times. If my hair is gonna be straight I need it to be sleek.

Checking the clock I realized it was already 12:30 pm. Thankfully all I had to do was throw on my dress, shoes, and accessories. Hearing a knock at my door I grabbed my Gucci bag and headed downstairs. It's only 12:45. Is he early? Checking the peephole and seeing Coach my heart immediately started beating ten times faster. Why am I so scared? I'm not sure. I'm not Caresha, they don't have to keep such a heavy eye on me but I already know what this is about to turn into. Opening the door I watched as he looked me up and down. "Where are you going Mel?" he asked surprised to see me semi-dressed up on a day when I didn't necessarily have to be out. I tried to think on my feet but that was a fail when I saw an all black Range Rover flying down my street playing 'F&N'. Sighing lightly I turned to Coach to let him know I was on my way out. To say that I was scared was an understatement, especially when he saw who hopped outta the car. I quickly said my goodbyes agreeing to handle this with him later and went to meet Future at his car.

"Hey princess, you alright?" he asked me sweetly. I nodded and sent him a shy smile. He helped me into the truck and we drove away quickly, leaving Coach in my driveway.