THE WIZRD: Part VIII

MELANIE POV:

End of conversation? Who the fuck does this man think he's dealing with?

I sat quietly as he drove me back home. I don't know how to feel right now. I can see why he's upset but he's not even giving me a chance to show myself as loyal. And we aren't even exclusive so if he thinks I'm about to shut out somebody who held me down for years, and that I finally have back, he's got another thing coming.

He got me home fast as hell. I guess he can't wait to drop me off. As soon as he pulled into my driveway, I tried to get out, but the doors were locked. I watched him take a few deep breaths before speaking to me.

"I meant what I said, Melanie. If we're working on something, then I don't feel comfortable with you being around that man. He's not trying to just be your friend."

I'm not sure why but the last part of what he said stung, even though I know it isn't true.

"Listen Future, I wasn't aware that we were working on anything. You haven't made your intentions clear with me yet. I walked into today thinking that it was just a couple of people potentially building a friendship. If you want a more intimate relationship with me you're gonna have to speak up about it. Now, in regard to Luis, I don't think it's fair that you're asking me to give up someone who held me down for years and at one point was my only friend. My relationship with Luis was already ruined once by a jealous lover and I don't wanna go through that again. I'm willing to sit you guys down so that we can have some clarity. But you asking me to throw him away when a million women are on your dick 25/8 is unreasonable and I'm not going to do it. If that's a deal breaker for you so be it. Goodnight. Please let me know when you've made it to your next destination safely."

Before he could respond or try to lock the doors for a second time I jumped around and nearly ran to my front door. Hopefully he understands where I'm coming from and if he can't or simply doesn't want to them so be it.

I decided to hit Coach and ask him why he came by earlier, but he wasn't answering. Figuring that it's still early I'm just gonna wash off my makeup and catch up on some reading until I'm sleepy.

FUTURE POV:

I sat quietly as she laid out how all this was gonna go. Half listening and half turned on that she was standing up to me. Most women in my life don't do that. They just follow my lead.

She hopped outta my truck before I could respond. Or try to lock her in again. I waited until I saw that she was in the house safe before I pulled off on my way to the studio. She left me with a lot to think about and maybe even a hit or two. I called Esco while I was on my way to let me know I was gonna slide through and probably spend the rest of the night there too. And I wanted to talk to him about Mel.

Twenty minutes later I pulled up to my favorite place. I called and had food delivered so we could lock in tonight. It's only been about a day since I've been in the booth but even that's too long for me. Heading inside I greeted my best friend.

"Wassup ugly?" I said to him laughing a little.

He turned around and mugged me so hard I thought he'd have a permanent frown in his face. That's exactly what I needed to make me laugh too. Nigga looks like an upset toddler.

"How was your date?"

I looked at him crazy as hell. How did he know I had a date today?

Melanie's ass told him.

"Melanie told you?"

"Of course she told me. We're friends." he said with a smirk on his face.

I looked at him and shook my head. I know what he's trying to do and I'm not taking that step yet. I gotta figure out what I'm doing with Melanie before I go blabbing to Esco or anybody else. But knowing that they're friends and talking had me feeling two types of ways. On one hand I wanted him to fall his ass back, this one is mine and on the other hand I'm glad she's already building a relationship with someone close to me. I know in the long run that'll be beneficial to us both.

I shot her a quick text to let her know I made it to the studio and that I'm good. I'm waiting for her to respond but I don't think she's gonna. I guess I upset lil mama. That wasn't my intention but I'm willing to revisit the subject the next time we talk because I'm not budging. Her and that Luis nigga aren't about to be anything.

I put my phone on the charger and got ready to dig my heels in tonight with E. She got me a little hot, this is the best time for me to work.