Chapter 1

Micheal's POV:

The thing that puzzled me most was
whenever I sat on a tour bus, my brothers seemed to either be arguing, yelling or bouncing off the walls. The loud music was disruptive enough on its own, I mean dont get me wrong I loved music, but whenever we got done with a show I wanted to relax until we got to the next city.

The year was 1981 I got my little taste of freedom almost 3 years prior, I did what I craved most in this business I got to be part of a film. The Wiz  was the name of it to be exact, I had the time of my life on set.

I think most days I was up before the crew practicing my lines trying to perfect everything.

My time in New York was precious to me in many ways, Diana Ross being on the top of the list. She was such a sweet person I'd admired her for pretty much most of my life, it wasn't a secret as I got older I developed a crush on her.

It was hard on me having to be around her and others , working on a poker face to keep the love sick puppy dog face under wraps. A couple of days before the actual wrap of the film the studio threw a party for all the cast and crew.

It was truly a blast from beginning to end, the night was still young for me and Ms. Diana. Let's just say she had a couple of drinks too many and I allowed her to seduce me. Being that it was my first time ever, I thought it turned out better than expected even she said so when we woke the morning after.

But that turned out to be the last time I had communication with her, on that level. The world premiere of the film was o.k. she took a few pictures with me but kept her distance. I had called her numerous times and even left messages , even went as far as to write a letter and had it delivered having it to be returned, with a red stamp  stating return to sender.

I still don't get that part, maybe she moved, maybe she got busy with more work. All I know is I won't tell a soul what happened between us, I was already embarrassed with the fact that its already been some time. Also I did the deed and got played basically. I guess this is what unsuspecting girls go through.

Taking a deep breath I remained at the front of the bus trying to control my emotions. Looking out the window staring at the vast amount of trees that whipped by, I started to wonder would I ever see her again , how would the interaction play out.

Shaking my head I pulled out a pen and pad starting a sketch, so into my work I hadn't noticed the young lady across from me, she was sitting a mere 5 feet away.

She wore a softball uniform, her back was facing toward me she had her head down with a catchers mitt attached to her right hand. She was sitting on one of the plush sofa's even further towards the front of the bus almost near the driver.

Seeing the lettering on the back of her shirt spell out "SUTTON" with a number 7 right under it. She had the open mitt pressed down to the top of her head as far as it could go, it was then I realized she was crying. I could literally see the tremors run through her as she silently sobbed. I worried what happened, she seemed like a nice girl always proper, stayed out of trouble unlike her siblings.

Her father Ronald Sutton was an excellent engineer and composer. He lost his wife some years ago to a tragic car pile up, he also was a minister back home, he had an older daughter by the name of Christina every one was so in awe of her beauty , and told her on countless occasions how beautiful she was. Even though she pretended to be very modest I could tell right away she was soaking it up enjoying the attention.

She was also a little too into the guys  ,whenever her and her family would travel with us somewhere and Joseph and Ron were off discussing music, she would make her home on one of my brother's lap. The flirting was endless ,I perhaps didn't allow such things to happen so she moved on and I became the enemy to her.