Chpt 2

Micheal couldn't even do the interview, that was scheduled for him and his brothers in the next city, due to his busted nose. That evening I spent my time in a ball on the floor in the upper deck of the bus, being whipped with a thick belt by my father. I never got a beaten before, I guess it was a first time for everything. Michael tried to hinder it as much as he could, but Joseph  forced him down the stairs telling him "to mind his business". I was freaked I thought the whips would never end, painful wasn't the word for what I felt. It was like hours had went by before he finally let me be and walked away. I didnt do any of the things he accused me of, I have no idea what he thought he saw but it was like no one could change his mind. I stayed on the floor just enduring the pain I felt all over me. It was like he didnt leave any part untouched, I had long since felt the bus coming to a still. I wasn't aware of what was happening ,but I stayed unmoving with my eyes closed. It seemed as if the temperature had dropped in the room, I saw shapes start to formulate behind my eye lids. I saw happier times with my mom and siblings and father, the good ol' days when she was still alive. I missed her I missed our family , I missed what we were. After some time I heard faint foot steps causing me to tense again. I could literally feel some one standing behind me,I didnt want to move, prayer always helped to calm my nerves so thats what I did in that moment.  It wasnt long before I felt a hand touch my shoulder causing me to jump and cover my head. "NO! NO! I CAN'T TAKE ANYMORE!" I yelled moving myself away. I quickly stood almost falling back down, but I forced myself to stand against the aches and pains. "AMANI! IT'S ME! IT'S MICHAEL!." I heard and stood still at the top of the stair case leading down to the lower deck. I slowly leaned against the closest wall just to take some pressure off my legs, taking deep breaths I turned a little towards Micheal. I could see how much damage was done to his nose in the dim light the lamp gave off, I could clearly see that it had swelled significantly since the last time I had laid eyes on him. It was bruised pretty badly, I felt sorry for him and hoped it wouldnt be any permanant damage. Hissing slightly I had to turn my whole body around so the pain could stop in one of my legs."Amani sweetheart, you need to sit down for a bit maybe we could get a doctor to look you over." Micheal said softly coming near me. It was like soon as he touched my arm sharp pains shot up and down my body and I couldn't do anything but yell out in pain. "Oh God im so sorry." He said pushing me back against the wall with furrowed eyebrows. Hearing a sound come from the lower deck we both tensed, soon it was a flood of voices coming from below. " Can you believe how amazing that interview was, without having all the questions directed towards Michael." I couldn't really make out which one of the brothers voice that was but, as I looked towards Micheal I could tell that comment really got to him. He gently grabbed my hand and pulled my arm around his neck putting more of my weight on him. We slowly made our way toward one of the back rooms, I didnt want any part of the rooms up here they seemed to reek trouble. "No please lets not go in, their going to think that my dad was right, please lets stay out here". I cried begging that he listened cause if he didnt both of our father's would probably tag-team us in a butt kicking, and honestly speaking I wasn't up to with-stand another one. "It's ok we just need to find a quiet place for a few minutes". He said opening one of the doors to a spacious bedroom that looked as if it had a small bathroom connected to it just to the right. I didnt feel like taking in all the décor because I didnt understand why the tears that welled up in my eyes started to burn. It actually hurt making me scared to see the damage that was caused. After hearing the door close gently to the bedroom I stayed balanced as much as I could on my own , but was soon pushed toward a closet. I didnt understand what was going on but didnt say anything. He swiftly opened the door and pushed me inside, slowly turning around I saw him immediately come in after me pulling the door shut behind him. Thinking of the darkness that would envelop us it never happened, instantly looking up seeing a small sky light at the ceiling of the closet. Even with the night time atmosphere it was still light enough to see in front of you. "Come on sit." He said softly helping me to easily make my way to the floor near some bags, trying to find a comfortable position that wouldnt cause my legs to ache he sat very slowly on the side of me as we leaned on the wall towards the back of the closet. I took a deep breath after slowly crossing my legs in front of me. " I'm sorry." He whispered causing me to look at his side profile while he was looking down at his fingers in his lap. "What are you sorry for?". I asked not understanding. "For what happened to you. I fought Joseph with all my might to get back up the stairs but he had some of my brothers hold me back". He said while sniffling lightly. "I wont be able to sleep for a long time, your cries and screaming will be printed in my mind forever." He said in a shaky voice. "It's ok don't worry im not made of glass I wont break, not anymore not by his hands." I said staring at the door in front of us.