chpt 8

Elizabeth Renee Davenport sat behind her desk with a bored expression, slumped forward staring at her computer. She had become stumped on how to word the report that was due to be on the chief of surgeons desk in less than 12 hours. Rubbing at her eyes in frustration she took a deep breath , and bit the bullet and started rubbing her fingers across the buttons on her keyboard. It was a tactic that she had used often back when she was starting as a resident.

~10 minutes later~

After starting the second paragraph on the 3rd page , there was a quick knock on her office door.

"Come in", she replied back without taking her eyes off the computer screen. A nurse by the name of Letty stuck her head in and spoke in hushed whispers, praying against hope that she wasn't interrupting something important.

"Sorry to interrupt Doctor, but we have been trying to page you for the past 10 minutes". Could she had been that into making her report perfect that she didn't hear the page. Lifting her fingers off the keys with furrowed eyebrows,  Elizabeth immediately made eye contact with Letty quickly getting to her feet.

"Letty what's happened?". She said grabbing her I.D. clipping it on the pocket of her scrubs.

"Well you are needed in the E.R. pronto, there is a delicate situation that needs your attention". Letty said with red cheeks, the doctor eyed her co-worker strangely then she just nodded her head and made her way past Letty to the hallway.

After quickly making it to the E.R. they dressed in the proper sanitized clothing , making their way towards the "delicate situation " Letty had described. There was a man in a long sleeve thin brown shirt, he was very muscular and catching the eye of almost every female that was in close proximity. The man had yet to notice her as she made her way towards him , he had been pacing back and forth in front of the closed curtains that was surrounding the bed and patient. After probably hearing her quick foot steps he whipped his head in her direction with a relieved look and stepped further to the side without question. Pulling back the curtain she had to stop the gasp from ripping out her throat, quickly pulling her feelings back into herself and asked the two nurses for the patient's vitals and blood pressure.

Amani's POV:

I heard a repetitive beeping sound as I  felt my ears wake up, trying to turn my head wasn't an easy task. Without opening my eyes I lifted my arms to touch my banging head, but soon came to the understanding of how heavy they seemed. After some struggle I was able to lift one arm raising it towards my neck. As my hand made contact I felt a hard object keeping me from touching the skin on my neck. My eyes refused to open for some reason , feeling sluggish once more I felt my arm slowly fall back to the side of me then everything was silenced.

Micheal's POV:

Bill had found a small deserted area for me to wait in peace, I sat in a chair that was against a brick wall

Bill had found a small deserted area for me to wait in peace, I sat in a chair that was against a brick wall. After 10 minutes of getting here Mr.Curtis made his way in the room along with me and sat , there was a small table built into the chairs making them connect. Bill stood guarding the door, making sure no one just barged in I was pretty sure no one saw me but all it takes is one person.