Chpt 7

Micheal's POV

We were given a 15 minute intermission I spent the first 5 minutes of having small talk with my mother. The love in our relationship was always something I could count on and look forward to, but it recently had gotten strained since things had been revealed about my possible "involvement" with Amani. My mother and I stood awkwardly beside each other, watching as people back stage moved around quickly continuing their jobs. Everyone knew how quick the break could go so they savored the time, while checking all the equipment and such.

"Well Michael... it was the right thing to do , asking the girl to marry you". Mother said softly while still looking around at all the hustle and bustle. I couldn't believe she actually thought I would do something of this magnitude just willy-nilly. It hurt that she thought so negative of me now, I thought she knew me well enough. I've expressed to her on many occasions that I wouldn't let things get this far without me being 100 percent sure that I was in love. I guess a small part of me was waiting on that little bulb to light up over her head, she seemed to have thrown every conversation we ever had out the window.

"Yea? Why do you say that mother?". I asked holding my breath waiting for her reply.

"Even though I don't agree with how young she is , she is very much level headed than her siblings." She said with a small smile on her face while making eye contact with me finally.

"Yes and..?". I said watching her closely.

"....and even though I don't agree with the act of fornication that transpired between you two, that brought you to this point I'm truly grateful and glad you have someone by your side. I've always been worried about you, and praying that you don't continue to let your work consume you and blind you from finding love". She said with tears shining in her eyes.

There was no way I could attempt to tell her the truth at this point. I had gotten too deep, if she knew then she would continue to worry for me and wouldn't get a decent night of sleep. I just smiled and hugged her tight and kissed her cheek, for my mother I would ride this wave until God said otherwise.

"Thank you mother, I love you so much I appreciate it". I said pulling away from her looking at the clock near the stage entrance. It was set for a count down to when we would head back on stage.

"Would it be ok to let you officially meet Amani? I promise you'll absolutely love her." I said with a fast paced beating heart.

I didn't know what was wrong with me , thinking of Amani meeting mother and having a conversation with her made my mouth dry and palms sweaty it was nuts.

"Yes sure Micheal I've been trying to find a moment alone with her, but you seem to always have her surrounded by your secret agent guys  or you have her all to your self somewhere hiding".

She said causing my cheeks to heat up which made her chuckle happily.

"Mother I don't have secret agent guys o.k." I said making her and myself laugh.

"It's o.k. Michael, I can see you really love her and want her to be safe, there isn't anything wrong with that".

Love.. was that what I was feeling bits and pieces of, if there was anybody who knew their stuff it would be her. My mother had the best advice especially concerning matters of the heart.

Deciding I would revisit that issue later,I turned  toward my mother instructing her to stay put while I searched quickly for Amani.

Randy's POV: