Chpt 3

Amani's POV

Mr.Curtis my special educations teacher was real nice, he broke down things that the other teacher's did not. I liked his techniques only problem was he was moving extremely slow, his pace made me feel like a 5 year old. I didnt complain though it could be worse , even though I was bored and fighting sleep most times it was better than being around my dad and his strange behavior. My siblings were living the dream, not having to attend school or any responsibilities for that matter. Right now im learning about what colors makes other colors, he said we should start from the basics , I didn't think he meant pre- k basics.

"So Blue and Red makes what color?."he said with excitment in his eyes while staring at me with hope.

" Purple." I said lightly.

" ..and Blue and yellow makes what?." He asked pointing to some flash cards to the left of where we were sitting.

"Green." I said shrugging lightly answering not quite sure of what this has to do with anything.

"Yes that's right. Bravo!." He says lightly clapping. I promise it took everything in me not to roll my eyes.

We were in yet another city, Baton Rouge capital of Louisiana. It was the first time I have ever been, Micheal had informed me 3 days before that we would be headed here, he expressed it was truly a beautiful place. I believed him he seemed to always know what he was talking about, he wanted to show me the sights but I had to be prepared for classes during the times he was free. Then the times I was free he had rehearsals and sound checks he apologized relentlessly , but I told him it was fine.

"So..." Mr. Curtis was cut off from his next statement , when we heard the door open then close. We heard footsteps heading our direction, I turned just in time to see Micheal and his best security guy Mr. Bill enter the living room part of our suite.

"Mr. Curtis how are you?." Micheal said making his way over toward us, Mr. Curtis insisted we sit near the floor to ceiling windows at a nice size round tan marble table. It matched alot of the other furniture in the room which gave off a homey cozy feel.

"Mr. Jackson, how are you this afternoon sir, I was told you would be busy for the majority of the day." Mr. Curtis said getting to his feet shaking hands with Micheal.

"Yeah well they were having some technical difficulties and rather stand around, and be annoyed with my brothers bickering I left without a trace." He said laughing ,I knew he was trying to play it off but I knew from experience, if he stayed too long with them bickering they eventually turn their fustrations on him.

"Aww come on man everyone knows you guys can't live with out each other, the whole world knows how tight knit the Jackson's are." He said with a huge smile on his face.

"Mmm.." Micheal said nodding looking down at the table with all the books open in front of me. Suddenly his eyes made contact with mine and he gave me kind of a smirk before asking how was my day.

"It's been good Mr. Curtis has been amazing". I said smiling at Micheal.

"Awww hey now your being way too kind." He said with his hand over his heart. "For that comment alone im going to give you the rest of the day off." He said grabbing all his belongings ,causing Mr. Bill and Michael to start laughing as they continued chatting.

As Mr. Curtis made his way toward the door with Michael and Mr. Bill, I sat back more on the chair I was sitting in, looking out the big window it looked like a nice sunny day with a good breeze.

"Hi." I heard looking over toward the seat my teacher not too long occupied, Michael had made himself comfortable in looking at me with a light smile. "Hi." I said back starting to stack up the school work that was scattered in front of me.