Chpt 9

There are quite a few pictures 📷  in this chapter, but please don't let that hold you back from enjoying the chapter. Please enjoy vote 🗳 and comment it will be very much appreciated.

Randy's POV:

It had been over a week since I had surgery to my jaw, as well as my nose bridge

It had been over a week since I had surgery to my jaw, as well as my nose bridge. I still had aches and pains in various places of my body thanks to Mr. Curtis, he tried to put me out for the count. Who knew the old dude could put those school teacher hands to such good use other than holding a piece of chalk. Shaking my head thinking even more now than ever, never to judge a book by its cover. The voices of mother and Janet caught my attention, they were sitting in the two chairs provided for visiting against the wall. Mother had informed me that Joseph had
been in meetings all week , apparently the promoters wouldn't give us a break cause of my accident. I didn't see what the big deal was all they had to do was reschedule some shows to other dates and move on. But being on this side of the fence not knowing the ins and outs of the process on that level caused my thoughts to seem so naive.

"Randy dear, are you alright?" Mother asked looking toward me in concern.

"Yes I'm fine , just was hoping Joseph would be able to make a deal concerning the promoters." I said with a shrug as if it wasn't nothing to worry over.

Mother stood coming closer to my bed, she reached for my hand squeezing it lightly, " I'm sure they will come to some agreement,  you and your brothers are hard workers and nothing like this has never happened before so I'm sure you all will be in good standing...once all the facts are laid out". She said smiling. I nodded as she rubbed the side of my head. She went towards my tray picking up my now empty water pitcher heading towards the door.

"I'm going to see if you can get refilled on ice water I'll be back. Janet keep your brother company,  it'll only take a few minutes". And with that she disappeared out the door.

I looked over to Janet smirking at her as she rolled her eyes. I knew she would rather  had been all in Reuben's face, but mother was trying to put a stop to their constant contact. She had been pouty for the last couple of days, mother had been trying to salvage the little bit of innocence that she thought Janet had still had  to a degree.

"What's with the mean mug baby sis?" I asked chuckling knowing full well why she was annoyed.

"Shut up Randall." She said with a snarl causing me to bust out with laughter.

"Hey I didn't make you give up your day with that muscle head to be here, talk to mother about that". I said with my hands up.

"This family always got some crisis going on, never asking me if I have plans or anything. Today is Reuben and I's one year anniversary,  I got him a gift and everything I'm sure he got me something amazing as well." She said with this dreamy look on her face.

"Please Janet that guy is related to Ron Sutton , you think he holds you in any high regards get over yourself." I said holding my sore stomach while I laughed at the dumbfounded expression on her face.