Chapter 7

"What about the line sheets?" she nervously chewed on her lip trying to remember anything that she may have missed. 

Her first ever trunk show was here. She was nervous as hell if anyone would even show up.

"Stop whatever you are thinking." her assistant and best friend Ben reminded her. "You already got this far and you have such a huge following. Not to mention your designs..." that really brought her confidence back.

She knew what set her pieces apart and that was her ability to create custom pieces were like second nature to her.

"What would I ever do without you." she laughed 

"Probably have more panic attacks but you'd still brush that off and slay whatever it is you do." he said proudly.

Ben was right. Kassie may have had severe depression and anxiety from the break-up but she always allowed herself to cry if she needed to and then she picked herself up.

But that' hadn't happened in over a year. Her self healing journey was tough but she worked through her emotions.

"You never give up hun. That's the best part about you and that big heart of yours." he hugged her tightly.

She smiled at that and knew today was going to be a good one. 

If there was a rule Kassia obeyed by, it was work hard and do no wrong and you shall prevail.

THIS was her moment to prevail into an industry that she thought she had only ever dreamt to be a part of. Over the past two years, her marketing and social media skills had flourished her business. 

She used Instagram and Facebook to get her business going. Specializing in fine and affordable jewelry, she had amassed close to 200 thousand followers.

Truly, she had nothing to worry about and was ready to open her doors to the locals.

"There is a line downstairs. Shall I get the doorman to let them in?" Ben said as excited as she was.

"Let's do it."

Moments later, her customers walked in.

"Oh my gosh! I've been waiting to meet you and see all your jewels!" the brunette gushed

Ben handed out some champagne and cider and her little office space was filled with eager women. Trying on jewelry and chatting.

Not just with her but with Ben and before she knew it, it was over. Adrenaline was still pumping in her as she tried to process the last four hours. 

Now she sat down on the little balcony outside her office and sipped champagned right out of the bottle with Ben.

"We did good with sales. Much better than I had dreamed of." he sighed.

"Good. But feels like we did much better than sales. Like we actually connected with our followers and clientele. We don't want them thinking we're unapproachable." she added.

"Yes for sure."

After they had locked everything away, she headed to her therapist's office.

Her sessions had reduced to biweekly now.

"How are you feeling?" he asked her.

"I feel... content and happy. Today was good. I've been having many of those days. I don't get triggered as often and I'm happy to say... I'm at peace." she smiled.

"Good. I'm so happy to hear that." he smiled warmly.

"I think... I think I'm ready to put out that I'm ready to slowly ease into dating. Not like purposely finding dates. But if someone does catch my interest. I won't be thinking and comparing him to Bryan." she admitted.