Chapter 9

The guys were huddled in Parker's den at his new apartment. They were having poker night and christening the place with some quality guy time.

"So I was thinking of going to pick out rings for Maria this week." Carter said with his cigar at the corner of his mouth as he arranged his cards he had and threw some chips into the pile.

"Congrats bro." Herman

"Yea man good for you."  Parker raised his glass and everyone followed.

"Parker, I was thinking you could follow me to the jeweler." Carter looked at him from the corner of his eye to gauge his reaction.

Maria had gone on and on about the jeweler she had met at Montauk and he was going to see what the big deal was about. She also slid that she was 150% sure Kassia was Parker's type.

"Honey, I don't want to be tangled in this." he sighed knowing how Parker hated being set up.

"Just be quiet about it. Let him see for his self. You're not doing anything. I believe people should decide themselves too. You're just presenting him with an option." she said cheekily.

"Was I presented to you like this?" he said slightly shocked

"Oh baby, yes you were." she laughed

"Are you sure you want me to?" he said furrowing his eyebrows.

"Yea I just need another opinion."

"Sure, I can meet you there. Tiffany's on 5th I'm guessing?" he threw in more chips

"Nah, I heard of this jeweler that source rings and helps with getting bigger rocks for cheaper by going with it's grading and how it's set." he said casually.

"Oh, must be the same one Henry used for Amelia. Sure just let me know the address and time."

Carter inwardly laughed and desperately wanted to text Maria about it but he knew that he didn't want her knowing he was looking at rings this soon. 

They had talked about getting married but not until next year. But Carter wanted it sooner.

He was ready.

~~

"That was what? Your fourth appointment for the day? Before noon? Hot damn woman!" Ben gave her a high five.

They had met with some couples, some just the men that were interested.

At the end of each appointment, they all said the same thing. "You're so patient with explaining this to us. We would never have got this service anywhere else."

Which was what she aimed for. Before each appointment, she sends them questionnaires to gauge what they were looking for. She always presented them with loose carats of their choice and the grading scale and of course some ready-made bands for visualization.

"Yes, our Montauk friends have been a real book for sure in the customs department. How are we doing with the online sales?" she loosely bunned her hair up.

"Good, the new discount code has gone up and we're getting steady sales as projected."

The front door buzzed and they saw the petite blonde through the glass door of their reception.

"Send her in Amy!"

"Maria! So great to see you." she hugged her

"I couldn't pass up to come play with diamonds." she gushed.

Kassia smiled at the fact she was seeing Carter tomorrow for an appointment and this girl had no clue. She was not going to give it away, but she had a plan on how to figure out her style.

"I'll bring out the champagne." Ben walked into their pantry as she took out a tray of regular fine jewelry on her site.

"Oh.. the rainbow bands are such a trend. You started that!" she picked up the fancy half rainbow and a half diamond eternity band.

"Try these earrings on too. What's your favorite shape you' say? Round or emerald for the ears?"

"I like classic rounds for the ears. I'm not sure about the ring though. I've never thought about it." she said a little clueless.

"Let me tell you a story. My grandpa used to work at Harry Winston when I was young. So I would usually walk in there when he was at the back and would sit quietly and observe everything. He'd the take me back to the front of the store and let me pick whatever I wanted. The first ring I ever put on my tiny fingers was a beautiful 4-carat emerald. Covered my whole finger. That's how this love affair began."

"I'm beyond jealous." she sat there with stars in her eyes.

"Benji, bring out those couture pieces Bvlgari sent over to us." she said mischievously

"You're going to overwhelm the poor girl." he laughed.

Maria sat there excitedly as he went into a room and brought out a few velvet boxes and Kassia opened them for her.

"Oh my goodness. No wonder this building is like a fortress with security!" she said, her eyes nearly popping out. 

There was a beautiful emerald choker with diamond dripping down from them. A sapphire blue tiara with the most ornate carvings and a ruby bracelet that took up most of her wrist.

"Which would you like to try on?" Kassia smiled.

"Oh.. I want to try that choker on for sure." Maria whispered.

"We get that alot." Kassia picked it up gently as Maria pulled her hair up and she clasped it on.

"Am I allowed to ask for a picture?" she asked

"Of course!" Kassia made her sit by an alcove overlooking the busy street and took some artistic shots.

By the end of their little lunch break, Maria had bought herself a full rainbow ring and felt like she was on top of the world. Kassia had let her try on engagement rings and knew Maria liked the three-stone rings. Preferably an emerald setting with epaulets at the sides or an oval on their signature whisper-thin setting with hidden micro pave diamonds.

" I will be calling you over for dinner sometime soon. I really hope the both of you can make it." Maria said as she left.

"Definitely looking forward to it." Benji hugged her and so did Kassia.

Once she had left, they both smiled at each other "I really like her." he said

"You never say that about anyone so I'm happy we agree with that. It will be interesting when Carter comes over tomorrow. I'm sure he didn't know about her visit today and she doesn't about his. Let's see if he can nail her style." she wondered out loud.

"Oh, going to be interesting for sure."