Chapter 4

ONE YEAR LATER

Parker was pacing back and forth in his tiny apartment in the Lower East Side.

"I'll broker this deal with you with the initial assessment for free, and after that, you will come back to me for more." he said confidently.

In the tech world that was booming so quickly, many small businesses needed security on their sites, and someone to watch over confidential data. He was that guy.

He had managed to gather over 15 customers over the past 2 years, which was a staggering amount to keep on retainer for what he did.

"Alright, I'll take your word for it. But Murphy, if this goes well, you'll have all of our platforms under you." the old fella said.

"You won't regret it sir." he hung up and put his head in between his hands. 

This was it. His breaking moment. His time to shine. No more doing Uber eats to try to survive. No more dreading to have to possibly make the phone call back to his parents.

He gathered Carter and Tom who both had their own tech ventures but always worked with him.

"Guys, we're in." was all he needed to say when the three of them picked up.

"Shit." Tom said.

"Fuck." Carter joined in.

"Are we ready for this?" Parker asked.

"We've been waiting and put through the shits for this." Carter said bitterly.

"You fuckin bet we are." Tom said with gusto.

"Take your last night of 8 hours of sleep. Because tomorrow we're in with Jack." Parker said meaning Asia's biggest online tycoon.

~~

"We crashed, and our appointments are booked till three weeks ahead." Ben said a little worried to her.

"Don't sound worried, bookings are good. I'll handle the website crash." she said calmly as expected.

She whipped out her phone and got on Instagram to do a short story.

"Hi guys, we're really happy with all of your enthusiasm that has caused our site to crash. No worries, we're working hard to fix this and you'll be able to proceed with your order. We will do our best to accommodate the time frame you have picked. Thanks again for the huge support." she ended the video.

"Get me Herman." she said to Ben who immediately called their website whiz.

She spent half an hour on the phone with him and fixed the issue.

Herman was the usual guy that they had used. He and a few friends had a start up and thankfully he still charged them fees that were before they had blown up.

"You are a lifesaver buddy." she sighed over the conference call with him.

"No problem boss. Your recommendations have made you our prime client. We will forever be grateful. You know I've been telling all my buddies about your company too. They'll visit you when the time is right." he laughed.

"And I'm always grateful for that." she smiled.

The clientele that she aimed for were definitely women that wanted affordable fine jewelry. But her concierge services were where she really made serious cash. Engagement rings that were affordable to the men of Wall Street and the men of NYC. 

When you buy a ring from Tiffany's or Cartier, you were generally paying for the name. Most people don't realise that you can go down in color and clarity and play with setting colors and achieve excellent results.

"Benji! We are back on. How's order processing going?" she walked back into his modestly sized office. 

"Great! Just automating confirmation emails and checking out stock on things." he said tapping away on his keyboard.

Kassie smiled in relief and smiled knowing that she made the right move with doing what she loved. 

Her followers had grown to over 200k in just a year and she was looking to add more people to help out in a few months.

For now she relished in her risk that paid off.