Chapter 11

"They don't make 'em like that anymore. Hot damn." Ben said watching Parker and Carter leave.

"Like what?" she said nonchalantly

"OH, you know what I mean. Tall, dark and with a bloody amazing accent." he fanned himself

Kassia kept quiet because in her mind she was just replaying the instant she saw him walk into her office space.

Parker so that was his name. 

He was the brooding sort all while being cool. She compared that image to the young boy that stood with her delivery bag from years ago. One thing for sure that didn't change were those green orbs he had for eyes.

His hair was still thick but had a more styled look with it combed back and gelled.

"What are you stewing up in your mind?" Ben snapped her back to reality.

Giving him a knowing look he didn't have to wait for a reply. 

"I KNEW he was just your type." he threw a crumpled piece of paper to her, lightly hitting her head.

"I've seen him once. A while back. He was a delivery boy. May have matched on a certain dating app." she sighed.

"Shall I turn to our know it all friend to dig up some more information?" Ben didn't even wait for her reply as he powered up his computer to see what he could find on Google.

"I feel like I don't want to know," she whined slightly. 

She had a rule about gossip. Never to go looking for it. She wanted to know what the person was about directly from them.

"Fine, I'm still going to look him up anyway. Just in case he's a weirdo." Ben snickered full on knowing he wanted the scoop on the brooding man.

"Woah there pal. It's not like he's going to ask me out or whatever. We're probably not seeing him anymore." she rolled her eyes.

She noticed Ben had gone quiet and that he could only hear the scrolling of his mouse and occasional clicking and her curiosity just grew even more.

"Ben. You need to stop. You're killing me." she threw back the crumpled ball at him.

He came out of his daze and just smiled at her "Honey if some reason you push this guy away. Send him to me. I'm going for lunch." he got up getting his wallet as he headed to the exit.

Her jaw dropped "That's all you're giving me?!"

"I don't believe in gossip on the internet." he made a high pitch noise mimicking her voice

"I DON'T SOUND LIKE THAT!" and he laughed leaving her behind.

Ben seamlessly moved with the face-paced crowd of New York City as he walked towards his lunch spot.

As he walked into the little Italian joint, he saw Maria's blonde head bobbing up and down as she spoke on the phone animatedly. When she saw him, she waved him over.

"Did she suspect anything?" she said as she hugged him

"Not at all. I could tell a lot was going on in her head after meeting Parker."

"What was his reaction could you tell?"

"I don't know him well enough, but he was very... observant."

"Damn it that Parker. He's always the reserved type." 

"Kas did mention that they have had a run-in before," he told her about the delivery story.