Chapter 5

TWO YEARS LATER

Parker sighed as he pulled into the driveway of his parent's expansive mansion in Montauk. 

His sister was having her engagement party and he was forced to succumb to the festivities. He loved his family very much. The Irish definitely were a tight-knit clan. But he knew his choices in life had caused a riff for him personally. 

His great grandfather came years ago to good ol' USA for the dream and what not and up till he was 10 years old, he watched his father carry that dream on and make the company to what it was. 

His family had started one of the biggest commercialized specialized shipping goods company. Just a few months ago they had several diamond crusted Lord Ganesh statues to be shipped and that was one of the trickiest projects they had up to date. 

By they, he meant the company. Parker was only in charge of their software and servers from being attacked. 

His father was not disappointed about the fact that he wanted to be the tech wizard instead of a business one. Parker knew that deep in their roots, they wanted a male to take over the company.

But he knew that his sister Amelia, would be a much better choice. Both of them had a conversation when they were in college several years ago. Amelia had gone to Yale and him to Columbia.

"I have a dream and it's everything to do with computers." he said as they were sat at a little cafe in between the two universities. 

She was graduating with her MBA from Yale and he was finishing senior year at Columbia.

"Oh, we both know what's stacked against us. I'm not trying to 'go after' the company or anything like that. I've just always had the knack for business. It's why I'm taking a job up in Boston. I don't think dad will just hand me the company." she dragged her cigarette and so did he.

They both developed that habit, seeing that the alternative greener version was not yet legal in their state.

"I think that's a smart move. I just don't know how they're going to handle our decisions." he looked out at the crowd of people that were coming out from the Stamford halls.

"The way I see it baby brother... we deserve a shot at building ourselves up. We've seen how hard they work and it's just in us to work as hard. But know that whatever you choose to do, I've got your back. Just ask for help if you need any." she ashed her cigarette and smiled at a tall figure that came towards them.

"So this is why we always meet in the middle" he laughed

It was an hour and a half drive from Columbia to Yale vice versa, and they had always met at Stamford. He just never pieced it together that his sister had an ulterior motive to it.

"Parker, this is my boyfriend Henry." she all but beamed up at him.

Parker knew instantly that his sister was in love. Henry definitely had the same feeling. With one of his harm firmly around her waist he extended the other and firmly shook his hand.

"It's a pleasure Parker. Amelia has spoken so much about you." he said warmly.

Parker took in Henry instantly. He was down to earth, dressed smartly in a shirt and a slightly worn sweater on top with some pants. 

"I've seen her computer and let me tell you, I'm impressed with how you've programmed that thing!" he laughed "Based from the stories she's told me about you though.. it's hard for me to imagine this one taking you down when you're...." he just motioned to him.