x8x

RECAP: This was going to be a long 24 hours.

CHAPTER 8: THE FIRST OF MANY (pt. 2)

Cory could hear the slam of the other doors as the other five were locked into their rooms. They were right, the walls separating them weren't sound proof. 

"Welp, I guess I can just sleep," Cory said to no one in particular, the bed was on the other side of the cold room. He walked over and sat down, there was no mattress upon the floating metal slab that hung off the wall so his hands were immediately cold. 

Wait! I brought a jacket in my school... bag.. 

"GOD DAMMIT!!!" He yelled, when he was kidnapped his bag was left behind, it wasn't there in the van. 

Wait.. I have my sweater, so I guess I still have that to keep me warm. 

He covered his hands and just tried to sleep, which is pretty hard since He has a camera mask on and the metal is really cold, and not the comfortable cold side of the pillow cold, like ice cold. 

~•~

"GOD DAMMIT!!!" All the other children could hear Cory yell. They were very confused to why he yelled. Shelby just shrugged it off, he probably got annoyed by something again. Jess and Adam were a bit scared, but just figured it was nothing since no one else yelled. Max was too busy trying to keep Ross calm to care, and Ross was starting to panic even more. 

As Jess sat down on the cold floor she figured she'd die from no social interaction, and so would Shelby and Adam. She hadn't known Shelby long, but she seemed extroverted, and Jess and Adam were definitely extroverts. On their first day of school they talked to every one of the around 500 students and 40 staff. She figured Ross and Cory would probably be the best off, they seemed to be the most introverted. She was unsure about max, he could be either one. 

She took this time to look at her surroundings, seeing as she wouldn't see anyone for a long time. Metal floors, ripped sound proof walls, metal door, metal hanging bed that you'd see in a prison, metal ceiling, this was getting boring. 

Something moved on her head.

What the heck?

She reached up to her head and felt fluffy wolf ears.

Why do I-... wait does that mean- 

She looked behind her and saw a black fluffy wolf tail with a purple tip. 

OH MY GAWKEN

Surprised and excited by her discovery she knocked on the wall on her right, which she assumed was Adam's. 

"What's up?" His muffled voice came through the wall.

"I'm a hybrid!!" 

"We all are," he said like it was obvious.

"HOW DID I NOT NOTICE THIS?!" Jess said in a slightly raised voice, although only Adam could hear her still. 

"I dunno, maybe you were too focused on shipping?"

"Maybe..." she said, "Anyways! I'm gonna play with my tail!" 

"Bye!" 

~•~

Adam sat by the door, not caring if he got hit by it when it opened. He was on the left side of the room. There was a knock the left wall, it was to Jess' room of solitary

"What's up?" He asked. He didn't have to put his ears to the wall since he had wolf ears so he just sat next to the wall. 

"I'm a hybrid!!" Her excited muffled voice came through the wall.

"We all are," he said with a sassy-type of tone to his voice. 

"HOW DID I NOT NOTICE THIS?!" Jess said in a slightly raised voice, although only Adam could hear her.

"I dunno, maybe you were too focused on shipping?"

"Maybe..." she said, "Anyways! I'm gonna play with my tail!"

"Bye!" Adam went back to his spot and played with his own tail, before getting lost in his thoughts.

~•~

Shelby had heard Cory and thought nothing of it, she laid on the floor and took off her paper crown to play with it. 

after a few minutes it got boring so she put it back on her head, only to feel cat like ears. 

Wait... what?

She put the crown on the floor and stood up, feeling the top of her head. She came to the conclusion that she had cat ears and tail after looking around to see her long white tail. 

Once we get out I'm definitely living with goat mom, my parents would probably get mad if they saw I was a kitty

She sat back down and thought about life for awhile, she planned out conversations that always ended in her spacing out so she repeated them in her head once more. 

Faintly through the walls she could hear Jess start to freak out after thirty minutes. Jess was an extrovert, that's for sure. 

"IF I CANT HAVE PAPER TO WRITE FANFICS ON IMMA YELL MITHROSS AND SLY X STEVEN FANFICTION!!" Jess screamed for everyone to hear after she calmed a little. 

"DO IT!" Shelby screamed back, she couldn't see the others flinch at her voice. 

"PLEASE NO! NOT AGAIN!" Adam yelled, knowing all too well the fan fiction that Jess makes.

"SKYBOP WAS GREAT TO WRITE ABOUT ADAMMMM!!" Jess yelled, evilly giggling for all to hear afterwards. 

"NOOOOOOOO" 

~•~

The commotion of Jess and Adam was enough to keep Ross calm and unafraid, but after four hours she had gotten paper to write on and pencils from the guards who gave them food. Max fell asleep after 6 hours. Even though he tried his hardest to stay awake, getting kidnapped and being turned into a hybrid was exhausting. 

Ross was unable to sleep, his fear getting in the way of any chance to sleep. He had found he was a squirrel hybrid just an hour after Max fell asleep and was used to his squirrel ears and tail already. 

He felt his vision go blurry as he closed his eyes, he still didn't sleep but something made him close his eyes.

"Hey guys, Ross here and welcome to another redstoner video! Today we have-ThE rEd SuN nEvEr SeTs" a voice said, it sounded like an older Ross, although at the end it didn't. The end sounded glitchy, and Ross could barely make the words out, 'Ross' continued talking normally. 

Ross was brought to different parts, the calculator, the Troll'o'matic, when 'Ross' kidnaps his friends(Jin and Barney), 'Ross's' other friend Sky locking him in the cage, and a red stone torch to get him out. It terrified him, he was only brought back into reality from the metal door slamming shut to notify that the men gave him food and 2 more hours had passed. Which meant 8 hours in total had gone by. 

He ate silently and soon was brought back to the weird state he was in, conscious but not able to move or open his eyes. 

~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~

Hiiii!! I'm really sorry for having this come out so late, I really did mean it to go out sooner but my family wanted me to spend time with them, when limited my time for writing. Btw, When the "~•~" is there it is a change of room(The row of "~•~" is end of chapter). Again, sorry! I should have another chapter up soon. 

Also, if anyone wants to know what Jess wrote I can put it in a later chapter, I could also add Midnight and story time randomly throughout Hybrids. 

Baiii! I appreciate your existence!!

-Alayn