x10x

RECAP: "CIRCLE TIME!" Valra called out, having us all go in a circle.

CHAPTER 10: MORE INTRODUCTIONS, SUCH FUN

"So, now that we've sat down, let's start with some introductions!" Valra spoke in an excited voice. It was like she was a child along with us. "I'm Valra, 23 years old, and my favorite color is orange! Also I use they/them pronouns!"

"What does that mean??" We all wondered aloud.

"You know how when someone is talking about someone they say 'SHE or HE did this thing' or 'HIS or HER stuff', its like that but its 'THEY did this thing, THEIR stuff."

"Ohh, that makes sense!"

They  spoke again with a smile, "now it's your turn!" They pointed at the boy who called us dirt.

"Is ams barneys, Ims 9 years olds, ands Is like purples," he spoke in an accent. 

"What tests will they have to go through?" A voice spoke

"My name is Red, I'm 8 and I like red. My name is Red, I'm 8 and I like red. My name is Red, I'm 8 and I like red." The voice, 'red', continued speaking. I'm guessing he's shy.

"Is Ross ok? He is smaller and seems less stable than the rest of us" a voice like Jess' pondered.

"Why are you guys talking over each other? and who is red?" I asked the group. Then realized I was in the middle of the redhead's turn.

"What do you mean Ross? And that's red," Valra asked, then pointed to red. "He was just now introducing himself,"

"Uhm, so you guys weren't speaking at all?" I asked. "I thought I heard Red and Jess speak,"

"No, we weren't talking." Jess stated.

"WAIT! one second, Adam think of a random sentence. Ross, try to hear what he's thinking," Valra instructed us.

"What the heck, ok, uhhh. butter is the best!" A voice like Adam's said. Or, I guess he thought?

"Now, Ross. Repeat what he thought" Valra instructed once more, excitement showing vividly in their grey eyes.

"Uhmm.. okay, Butter is the best...?" I said, a little confused. Adam's eyes widened. 

"That's exactly What I thought," his voice was laced with a little fear along with excitement. Why fear?

"What if he- wait he can read my thoughts about-"

"Ooo! Your getting your powers!!" Valra squeaked in a whisper, stopping me from hearing the rest of Adam's thought. Then their voice went to their normal tone, but still whispering. "Do not tell anyone about your powers, they will think your 'failed experiments' and lower your security. Maybe even free you if they don't know."

"Really?!" Shelby asked excitedly, "we get powers?!"

"Yep, but later," Valra answered. They smiled, but it seemed fake.

"ALESA KYZON, TO THE MISSIONS BOARD IMMEDIATELY," a voice, over what I think is the intercom, ordered.

"I got to go, sorry! Uhhh- find sleeping arrangements? Or continue introduction? I dunno, just. Baiii!" They seemed rushed and disheartened, and they ran out the door, almost tripping over their own feet.

"Alesa?" Cory asked himself, "I thought it was Valra."

"Preferred name," Red answered. "They like being called Valra much better,"

"Oh, okays," Cory replied, "so should we continue introductions?"

"Probably," Shelby agreed.

"Ok! I'm Jess, I is 6 years old, and my favorite color is purple!" Jess said excitedly.

"Hi! Im Adam, I'm 6 and I like the color of butter!"

"So, yellow?" Cory asked.

"Butter!" Adam replied.

"My name is Ross, I'm 6, and I like purple," I introduced myself. For a second I thought they would give me weird looks, like others had done, but they seemed to be fine with my answer.

"I'm Max, I'm 7, and I like black."

"I'm Shelby, or Frisk, I'm 7 and a half, oh! And I really like grey!"

"I'm Cory, I like black, and I'm 7."

"Okay! So where should we sleep?" Asked Shelby, we all looked around the room, there was literally nothing.

"Well this sucks, we just have a metal room." Adam complained.

"Yeahs, me ands reds couldn'ts sleeps verys wells for the firsts couples of days," Barney stated.

"Do you think Valra could bring us stuff? Or we could steal stuff," Jess suggested.

"They might be able to, we could assign corners or spots of the room for people to sleep, we may also get transferred again," Red spoke.

"Do you think it could be comfy to sleep on my tail? Or would it be better to use it as a blankie?" I asked, petting my squirrel tail.

"I think it would work better as a blankie, it may hurt to lay on your tail," Cory replied.

"So, should we be one big group sleeping in one area, or separate into smaller groups?" Max asked. A few said together but the majority said in smaller groups.

"How small of groups?" Jess asked.

"To be even it would be groups of five," Adam responded confidently.

"No you dummy, it would be two or four," Shelby corrected.

"Wait it would?" Adam asked in disbelief.

"Why don't we just ask Valra when they get back?" I suggested.

"That's actually a good idea," Max complimented.

"No, i got dis," Jess said before getting out paper and pencil and putting circles in 3 parts of the page, the first had five, the second had two, and the third had 4. She counted the people in the room, eight, and put tallies for them all. Then separated them into circles."It has to be groups of two or four!"

"Wha- no way- nevermind, that's smart,"Adam spoke. "Who wants to sleep with who?"

"Max and I will," I said unsurely, but got an approval from max so i think i said correctly.

"I'll be with Adam, Shelbs, and Cory!" Jess said excitedly,"unless you wanna stay with someone else."

"Reds and I's wills sleeps togethers alsos,"Barney said.

"Uhm, we could also sleep in one big group for the first couple of nights until we get used to this life,"Shelby spoke up.

"That would probably be better, okay, let's do that!" Cory agreed.

~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~

Sorry for being gone so long!!! I forgot about this story for a little because of school and sports and stuff

I would like it if u peoples would please correct any of my errors and stuffs, and please tell me if something doesn't make sense so I can either (A) explain it or (B) fix it to make it explainable. (All in comments)

Thank you guys so much for leaving comments and voting, it means so much  to me. And thank you to everyone who continues to read this story even after the long waits in between chapters (i think its been like a half a year or more since i last posted)

Baiii!! I appreciate your existence!!! Ily!

-Valra