x11x (and A/N)

IMPORTANT A/N: Its been awhile, eh? I wont be rewriting anything cause ik some people like what I already had, but I will be lessening the shipping(so its just jokes) as well as having things written in my new writing style. Thank you to everyone who has supported me and read this book. I don't really know where the book was going, as its been probably around 5 yrs since I actually created this story and I didn't have a chapter showing me the really old plot(honestly, knowing myself I probably didn't have one). Sorry if this is a bit disappointing.

Also, while ships are referenced, the most that will possibly happen is a QPR (queer-platonic relationship) for 3 reasons: 

1: in the 5 yrs between then and now, I discovered that I'm aroace and that writing about romance makes me a bit uncomfortable

2:  I'm fairly sure some of the shipping went against the cc's boundaries, which isn't something I would like to knowingly do. I wont take the shipping out that's already there, as it was mostly similar to the jokes Aphmau and the others made in the past anyways, but I will only make jokes or a qpr from now on.

and 3: in this, they are children, I was already like a 6th grader at the time of writing, but now I'm in 11th grade so like, that'd be weird. The qpr(s) will be once they're teens btw, I aint gonna ship children.

Also, I am somewhat aware of the things that have happened, I try to stay away from it though, I do not support the wrongdoings of the content creators. 

I hope y'all will continue to enjoy this book, however much more I make

- Pheo (they/void)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Recap: "Uhm, we could also sleep in one big group for the first couple of nights until we get used to this life," Shelby spoke up.

"That would probably be better, okay, let's do that!" Cory agreed.

Chapter 11: A hard first night

The children's internal clocks slowly ushered them to tiredness. Barney and Red were the first to fall asleep, curled up together in the left corner of the room, farthest away from the door. The other's wouldn't allow themselves to sleep though. They're in an unfamiliar place with empty stomachs and no idea where they actually are. Their only comfort being the people around them, which isn't great considering most of them just met each other.

The children's minds raced with thoughts, so many things happened that day that it was hard for them to process it all. They're all kidnapped, which some of them blame themselves for, and then somehow get animal features, meet completely new people, have to go through solitary confinement, learn that they may get powers, and then are stuck in a completely metal room with no way out? Even an adult probably would be unable to sleep, they think.

The children who are still awake are talking amongst themselves. Well, mostly. Ross is laying on the floor a bit away from them, hoping that the overwhelming thoughts from himself will quiet down a bit. Max is talking with Shelby and Cory, trying to get to know more about what went down in the underground, as well as get to know Cory more. Jess and Adam are talking quietly to one another, and Ross can hear a few key words like "friends", "sorry", "Jin", and "Ty." It sounds like a somber conversation, and Ross doesn't think he want's to hear the whole thing. 

Alas, his powers are working on overtime. As soon as he was able to think somewhat clearly, every thought bounced off walls and made their way to his ears. He doesn't know how big the radius of reading thoughts is, but he thinks it at least leaves the room a little bit, as he can hear the cruel thoughts of some of the people holding them captive. 

Names stick out to him, but so many other words overlap, creating a jumble of words and conversations. It's an overwhelming amount of information. Ross instinctively cover's his ears, even if it doesn't help at all. His tail flicking in frustration when every sound is still beating at his skull, giving him a headache. 

The others don't realize what's going on until they hear distant chitters, very similar to a squirrel's, that slowly rose in volume. They looked over to Ross, who looked miserable. He lay curled up on the ground, gripping at his new ears, and with tears streaming down his face. His tail flicking at a higher speed than before. 

Max and Shelby were the first to react, practically sprinting to their friend. 

A pounding of worried voices overlapping one another as they attempt to ask him whatever they're asking doesn't help. He doesn't know what their saying with each thought overlapping a voice, or a voice overlapping a thought? he doesn't know. either way it's too much. too much, too much, "too much, too much, please stop, too much."

Max and Shelby back away immediately, they may not have a clue what's going on but it seems that crowding him won't help at all. 

"What's goings ons, dirts?" Barney walked over, wiping the sleep out of his eyes and leading a drowsy Red with him. At the sight of Ross, he froze. Red woke up completely as well, letting go of Barney's hand and rushing towards towards Ross, Max, and Shelby. 

"He's overstimulated, we need to give him some space. This is the first night with powers and so everything is heightened." Red informed them, creating space between the duo and Ross. 

Racing thoughts from the people around him make it worse, he curls in on himself a bit more. The other's try to move over to Jess and Adam quietly. Once their destination is reached, the room is silent except from the occasional whimpers or moving of Ross. Worry for their friend is apparent on everyone's faces. Their friend is struggling and while they want to rush and comfort him, all they can do is be ask quiet as possible.

Ross flinches and faces the door in anticipation. The door opens a moment later, Valra is there with a smile and plates of food. They roll in the cart, and then take into account the sobbing child and the other group of children. 

"What's going on?" Valra whispers to the group. 

"Ross is overstimulated from his powers," Red says quietly. They nod in understanding.

"I know of something we can do." Valra shuts the door. The kids' faces light up. There's a way to help! "I'll explain better when words don't hurt him, but we need to clear our minds as best as possible."

They looked confused. 

"Mind reading," Valra reminded quietly. They understand a little bit more. "I want you all to take deep breaths and focus on one boring thing in the room."

They do as told, a bit calmer because of it. Ross is also calming down, some of the less focused noticed.

After 10 minutes, Valra opened their eyes and saw that many of them had fallen asleep. "That's one way to go about it." they smiled, before remembering the children hadn't eaten yet. 

They quietly went over to the cart and got the foods that would be okay to leave out onto separate plates and left them for the children. They rolled the cart out and into the kitchen before returning to their dorm for the night.