Chapter 10

Dyn'ad didn't end up coming to bed that night, he got trapped between Eyeri and Aw'endo as Aw'endo cuddled him and Eyeri joined in. Ryraso was rather amused by the situation and just happily snuggled with Tai'ray and Nel'os as Dyn'ad sent complaining remarks over the link. The grumbling wasn't serious as it was clear the two boys were shaken by the events of the day and needed some reassurance of safety.  Eyeri's eyes very watery about the entire event and Aw'endo wasn't much better.

Strangely Ryraso seemed to be the one least affected by the entire event. Ignoring who vulnerable he had felt when he thought Tai'ray was going to leave him alone, and the obvious pain when he moved his back or legs, he felt rather content. Tai'ray seemed more confident now too, though Nel'os had wriggled his way into the space between Tai'ray and Ryraso. His wings covering both of them with the distinct air of someone wanting reassurance his nest partners weren't going to vanish on him. It was slightly annoying as anytime Nel'os shifted his wings, the sheets lifted and a draft of cold air down his back. 

Still, he fell into a rather peaceful sleep. He dreamt of dancing, being led by a person with wings who he couldn't actually see the face off. The dream making it somehow hazed over. They felt familiar and Ryraso could tell they weren't his loves, yet... The music was gentle and they were alone together in the great hall. He could feel joy radiating from inside of him and the dream felt like it lasted an age. 

"Ryraso?" Dyn'ad's voice intruded into the dream waking him slightly. 

The great hall shifted to black as Ryraso found himself burying his face deeper into the pillow, groaning lowly. His back was burning again now, his thighs equally screaming out in pain but Ryraso had no desire to open his eyes and deal with the real world. He just wanted to drift in the comfortable warmth he felt forever.

"Let him sleep. I'll stay with him for now," Nel'os promised from next to him. 

Dyn'ad hummed and Ryraso felt the bed dip near him. Lips kissed the very base of his neck and a hand stroked down the centre of his back softly, careful not to touch his burns. Ryraso purred only for it to turn to a moan of pain as he shifted into the movement and disturbed his injuries. "Sorry love," Dyn'ad whispered and another kiss was pressed, this time under Ryraso's ear. "Sleep well, my dear."

Ryraso's consciousness dived down into the black but this time there was no dream, just blissful nothingness. The gentle warmth of Nel'os side to him and the pillows to his other side. And the feelings of love and joy that surrounded him in the link. 

Next time Ryraso woke up, he found an extra blonde haired k'nairi in his bed. He frowned and shifted to get a better look. Nel'os was still cuddled in close as he could, his arm loosely wrapped around Ryraso's waist, a foot hooked under Ryraso's and his head buried in Ryraso's armpit. Ryraso leant down and kissed the crown on the man's head and felt a vague fluttering from the man's mind as Nel'os curled closer. Ryraso smiled softly and took in the second man who was a more respectful distance away, partly concealed in Nel'os' wings, looking out towards the open window and the blue skies. 

"Ang?" Ryraso murmured slowly, reaching over to touch the man's arm hoping it was the man. He was pretty sure Ang'as was the only person Nel'os would trust in the room with Ryraso at the moment. At least like this.