||•••Chapter One•••||

-Tori's point of view-

I sat at the top of the bleachers, my eyes scanning the crowd for someone I know. Sighing, I looked back down at my book, taking in the words and trying to block out everyone's voices.

I was reading Looking for Alaska. One of my absolute favorites. I had lost count of how many time I read it, it was one of those books.

My eyes now flicked across the page while my fingers brush against the cracked, worn out spine. I jumped when I heard Mae's voice.

"Tori!" she yelled

I glanced up at her before shifting my gaze back down to the book. Mya ran up after her almost falling and pushing Mae over the railing. They laughed loudly, causing me to shut the book in defeat.

"Hey" I mumbled.

"Woah what's wrong?" Mya asked, suspecting something was off.

"Do I have to be here?" I whined.

"Yes!" Mae groaned. "cmon it's fun!"

I groaned but stood up next to them crossing my arms and staring down at the football field below.

Mae and Mya were laughing about something stupid so I took in the scene. The stands were filling up pretty quickly with the band now playing on the field and the football players lined up on the sidelines. Mya and Mae were now dancing too which I glared at them for.

I found our friend Clara with the other cheerleaders. Her boyfriend Calum came running up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist, making a huge smile spread across her face.

"They are so cute" Mae giggled

Mya smiled weakly but I knew something just tipped her off her good mood just then and I had an idea what it was. I didn't bring it up though. Mae glanced over at me and frowned, knowing what just happened.

I shook my head in assurance and she nodded, turning her head back to the field.

As time went by I got even more and more bored with myself. Mae and Mya screamed whenever something happens whether it was our team scoring or the other schools team scoring. They cheered at touchdowns, danced when the band played and sang along to the cheers. I just sat there. I tried to read but Mya took my book.

At half time I sat down hoping to read for just a little more.

"Come on Tori you're killing the mood!" Mya wined

I rolled my eyes and rested my chin in my hands.

Mae took out her phone and my head shot up as I realized I had mine. I dug some headphones out of my pocket and plugged them in blaring some Arctic Monkeys.

Mae shook my shoulder making me groan and pull one of my ear buds out.

"We're gonna go find Clara come with?"

"No I-"

Mae grabbed my wrist and pulled me down the bleachers. Mya ran past, stumbling on the way down. We walked towards the field, passed the band and the football players. I stared down at my music, nodding my head.

I took out my ear buds when we reached Clara.

"Hey!" Mya yelled

Clara ran up to us giving Mya and Mae a hug. I nodded to her but she ran right up to me and hugged me too.

Calum came up next to Clara lacing their fingers together and smiling at us.

Mya tensed and and I nudged Mae, who grabbed Mya's arm, leading her away.

"So what are you guys doing after the game?" I asked Clara.

"We might go to a party but I'm not sure" Clara said glancing up at Calum who nodded. "Do you want to come?"

I shook my head. "Definitely not! Thank you though"

Clara sighed "you should really get out more Tori come on"

"Hey I'm here aren't I?"

She rolled her eyes playfully nudging me.

I was about to walk away but some football player came running up to Calum and I instantly recognized him as Luke Hemmings, star quarterback.

He held his helmet in one hand, running his fingers through his hair with the other.

Calum and him did some weird hand shake thing and Clara stepped towards me, now facing the boys.

"Hey Luke" Clara smiled.

He gave her a smirk before turning back to Calum.

"Hey are you coming to the party tonight?"

Calum nodded and Luke yelled to someone across the field that Calum was coming.

"Ok bring Clara and uh," he glanced at me "not her"

I rolled my eyes, crossing my arms

"I wasn't gonna come anyways" I mumbled

He just shrugged jogging off in the opposite direction.

"I better go Clara" I said "I gotta go find Mae and Mya"

She nodded, grabbing Calum's hand and skipping away.

I spun around hoping to find my book before Mya could notice.

I spotted it on the bleachers and ran after it. I snatched it and walked off to find Mae. I eventually found them and they waved me over.

"Hi" I mumbled

"Tori" they groaned "have some fun for once?"

"I am having fun" I said sarcastically.

"We could have some real fun" Mae smirked

My eyes widened as Mya and Mae turned towards each other and grinned. Something in their eyes made me realize they wanted to do something crazy that I would never in a million years want to do.

"We could go to Luke's party?" They said at the same time, making them giggle.

"What!?" No way was I going to that party

"Yes!"

"We don't even know Luke why would he ever let us in?"

"Clara can get us in come on it'll be fun!" Mae says

"No" I cross my arms and they mimic me

"Then we'll just have to go with out you" Mya says

"Fine!" I yell now smiling at the fact I might not have to go.

They both sigh but give in and I thank god that I won't have to go to this party.

After half time I sit on the bleachers again. Mya lets me read so it wasn't too bad except for the yelling and screaming. We won. I didn't care. When I got home I put on some pajamas, crawling into bed with my book. I planned on reading the whole night.

But then Mya and Mae showed up at my door.

(Clara at the top)